The firm's Public Equity team is looking for a full-time Analyst or Senior Analyst. This is a pre-MBA position.
Their Public Equity program currently manages ~$15 billion in equity investments globally, primarily through external investment managers. The Analyst or Senior Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Public Equity team with analysis and research.
Broad Responsibilities Include
- Monitoring and creating reports on external manager performance, exposures, and holdings
- Assisting with regular reviews of the portfolio, including analysis of the portfolio's performance and risk characteristics
- Assisting with research and analysis of existing and prospective managers
- Maintaining knowledge of markets and events that could affect the portfolio
- Providing general support to team members on various projects (e.g., research on specific countries, sectors or managers)
- 1-3 years of prior work experience in a finance- or investment-related field (e.g., investment banking, sales and trading, investment management, accounting, corporate finance/development, risk management, operations)
- Undergraduate degree, with major or significant coursework in finance or accounting (particularly important for less experienced candidates)
- Experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Evidence of strong interest in investing and public markets
- Evidence of strong analytical, problem-solving, writing, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English; competence is valued in other global languages
- Academic or job market experience in quantitative research and ability to clearly formulate and conduct empirical studies
- Strong quantitative skills: linear algebra, statistics, econometrics including time-series analysis and cross-sectional techniques
- Familiarity with standard financial markets and databases such as Compustat, CRSP, Factset, Bloomberg
- Knowledge and understanding of financial software applications (PowerBI, Bloomberg, Barra Portfolio Manager)
- Self-sufficiency in one or more programming environments such as Python, R, Matlab and SAS
- Awareness of and connection to the mission of UTIMCO
This is currently a hybrid role, with 4 days in-office and 1 day WFH.
- Job TypeDirect Post from Company
- Job Start Date:Immediate
- Location:Southwest, United States