Job Reference #: 170404BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Your role: Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- Handle day-to-day processes within the COO Utility team.
- Assist with the following processes: Supervisory Controls, Operating Committee presentations, Trading Mandates Control Process, Travel approvals, expense reviews, adhoc reporting, Compliance follow-up and escalation, Human Resource organizational structure, IT access controls,
- Execute requests from IB COO teams, assisting business managers on a daily basis
- Be able to accommodate for regular interaction with stakeholders in New York and London
- Cross-train with colleagues on all processes to eliminate key person dependency
-Assist with recording and reporting of Client Complaints
Title: Investment Bank Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States
Function Category: Investment Banking
What we offer: Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step: Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements: UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your team: You will be working with the Investment Bank COO team in Nashville. The Investment Bank provides corporate, institutional and wealth management clients with expert advice, innovative financial solutions, outstanding execution and comprehensive access to the world's capital markets. It offers financial advisory and capital markets, research, equities, foreign exchange, precious metals and tailored fixed income services in rates and credit through its two business units, Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Services. The Investment Bank is an active participant in capital markets flow activities, including sales, trading and market-making across a range of securities.
Your experience and skills: You have:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in the financial industry, Operations experience preferred
- Previous experience in or interaction with overseas stakeholders in:
- Business management (COO)
- Operations: trade capture/middle office
- Compliance & Operational Risk
- Liaising with back office functions of bank, custodian or a brokerage firm
- Strong communication skills in, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good analytical skills, quick learner and attention to detail
- Aptitude for understanding technology
- Independent decision making
- Persistence is a key skill. The role requires frequent follow up and interaction with junior and senior staff of the bank.
- High level of energy and commitment to support the business. An ability to be flexible and proactive in solving problems and issues for business management staff. Must have a 'can do' approach.
- Able to work under pressure
- Understands the necessity and importance of behaving within professional and legal boundaries
- Invests time and energy in providing the highest quality service
Risk & Professional Behavior:
- Behaves in a way to mitigate risk
- Demonstrates accountability
- Works within own limits of authority/competence for risk and escalates potential excesses or issues.
Communication and Impact:
- Adjusts communication style to suit topic, audience and situation
- Builds trust through open and honest interaction even in "difficult situations"
- Delivers consistent messages
Planning and Organizing:
- Understands the interdependencies between own work and that of other colleagues and the need to co-ordinate activities
- Anticipates potential work overloads and plans accordingly
- Sees cause and effect relationships between parts of a problem
- Applies a logical approach to the analysis of information and data
- Understands the information needed (to resolve an issue) and finds ways of obtaining it
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Shares "best practices" with co-workers
- Addresses the sources of errors or problems until they are resolved
- Ensures important problems affecting quality are escalated appropriately
About us: Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
See in Google Maps
New York City, United States