Vacancy Posting #N18-54
Deadline to Apply: January 31, 2019
Investments Technology Analyst
NYSIF Investments - New York City
Salary: $120,000 - $145,000
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) Investments Department is seeking an experienced investment technology professional to enhance its technology systems and processes. This represents a unique opportunity to join a dedicated team of investment professionals and assist in the build-out of its operations. Under the general direction of the Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Strategy/Risk Officer, the role of the Technology Analyst will implement best-in-class IT solutions to satisfy the business and operational requirements of the Investments Department and advise leadership of new initiatives to bolster the department's data, performance and technological capabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with NYSIF's custodian, consultant(s), asset managers and the internal investment team to improve data flow and streamline processes.
- Manage integration projects encompassing external and third-party data feeds.
- Serve as point of contact for Investment Department systems related matters and serve as facilitator for resolving systems or data related issues.
- Act as Bloomberg system administrator and subject matter expert for the front, middle and back office functionalities.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on BlackRock's Aladdin system; serve as liaison between BlackRock's Aladdin team and NYSIF's investment staff; suggest and facilitate improvements in data flows and processes; lead the effort to ensure new asset classes, new data fields, additional analytic enhancements etc. as requested are incorporated into the Aladdin system accurately and on schedule.
- Coordinate with front, middle and back office teams to establish best practices and assist in keeping processes documentation up to date and suggest improvements.
- Create a leaner strategy for the Investment Department; provide guidance on functionality that would enhance our performance; be proactive by automating processes while being risk aware.
- Serve as the liaison for the Investment Department in new technology related projects and help oversee projects from start to finish (particularly in strategy, writing business requirements, and testing)
- Serve as a steward of the Investment Department data integrity and quality. The candidate will be expected to play a key role in developing and implementing a robust data culture. The candidate will be expected to refine and/or develop processes to ensure that data is accurately fed into the various systems used by the department and that various systems reflect consistent data.
- Oversee Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning for the Investments Department.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by CRO and CIO.
See in Google Maps
New York City, United States