In 2015 BlueCrest announced its intention to become private investment partnership and continues to operate on a competitive scale working across 4 geographic regions, operating across multiple markets.
We are interested to see operation analysts who can demonstrate a working knowledge (circa 6 months – 18 months) in any of the main operational functions areas, in any/all of the asset classes. We are interested to hear from people with experience of the trade capture, affirmation/confirmation, reconciliation and lifecycle, treasury and funding and collateral management. We want to discuss direct experience they have from their roles or training to date, but also their understanding of where they fit within the trade lifecycle and their interactions with other groups and functions. We are interested to hear from people who have worked on any of the main asset classes or functions, but importantly who want to be in an environment where they are actively made to learn across the asset class spectrum AND up and down the operations, funding and collateral functions. Hands on experience of as much “day to day” support is advantageous, as in experience in project work and other support areas. A track record of making improvements to controls and processes is also something we are interested to talk about. Candidates must have a strong academic background and have very competent excel skills.
We will be talking to candidates about roles in both our Operations team and our Collateral & Liquidity team.
Key Functions in the Operations Role:
- Trade booking and flow queries. “Middle office” type support, interacting with traders on desks directly and/or trading assistants.
- T0 trade exceptions and trade matching. Interaction with brokers, clearers, desks to resolve T0 breaks.
- T+1 reconciliations. Working with administrator to resolve break and clean down reconciliations, mapping back where things should have been caught on T0.
- Resolving trader queries and providing ad hoc reports to traders.
- Static data control and system configuration (Calypso) to aid trade flow through systems, internally to BlueCrest systems and externally to matching engines, PBs and administrators.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly MIS reporting.
- Creation of month end brokerage invoices and tracking of brokerage receivable.
See in Google Maps
New York City, United States