Firm Overview: Denver, Colorado-based emerging private investment firm focused on direct lower middle market upstream oil and gas investment opportunities in North America. Client targets privately-negotiated, structured equity, credit, and asset level investments. Client manages over $100m dedicated fund.
Job Description: Team focuses on private investments capital across the capital structure in the upstream oil and gas space, with a general focus on credit-oriented opportunities in the North American energy markets. The group utilizes a flexible approach when structuring private investments, which may include senior debt (secured and unsecured), subordinated debt, preferred stock and/or private equity, thus providing candidates a chance to work on investments across the capital structure. The Associate will be working on a small team at a rapidly growing and emerging oil and gas fund management company. The role would be broader than typical positions and include some administrative work; however, the job opportunity is predominately an investment role and "ground floor" in nature with significant upside potential.
- Financial analysis
- Transaction execution & assistance (including meeting and interacting with management teams as part of the due diligence process)
- Industry research and competitive analysis
- Legal documentation, investor reporting, deal sourcing
- Creation of quality presentation materials and drafting of memoranda for internal and external use Some administrative tasks and fundraising and reporting oriented work should also be expected from Associates.
- Candidates can expect to work on numerous projects at a time in various private and public investment opportunities.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively, a desire to work in a team environment, and the ability to think and work independently.
- Prior investment banking experience and knowledge of accounting, finance and the energy industry is highly desirable.
See in Google Maps
Denver, CO, United States