About the Position
Guggenheim seeks an organized and detail-oriented candidate to join its Portfolio Operations team. Reporting to the Asset Reconciliation team lead, this position is responsible for ensuring that positions and/or cash across assigned portfolios are accurate on a daily basis. In addition to strong problem-solving skills, the ideal candidate will be extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
The Portfolio Administration and Reconciliation Analyst role presents for someone who desires to work in the Investment Management space an opportunity to join a team that sits at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Ensure all cash and/or positions are reconciled accurately, efficiently and on a timely basis, across multiple internal systems
- Work with internal and external parties in order to resolve breaks, identify root causes and expedite resolution
- Monitor formal processes in order to ensure reconciliation processes meet standards established by internal and external auditors including SAS 70 procedures
- Pro-actively work to develop processes and procedures that improve quality and accuracy
- Assist with internal/external ad hoc requests and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 1 year of work experience (can include business-related internships)
- Sound working knowledge of cash flows and transactions associated with fixed income, derivatives and equity securities
- Excellent Data Skills (Excel, VBA, Access) and System Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and proven ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement
- Hands-on and willing to 'roll up sleeves' to ensure success
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail with ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Familiarity or prior experience with any of the following a plus:
- Fund accounting
- Fixed income
- Cash flows and transactions
- BlackRock Solutions, e-PAM and/or Wall Street Office
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.