Investor Relations and Reporting Analyst – Private Equity
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $385 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone .
Business Unit Overview:
With approximately $102 billion of assets under management, Blackstone’s private equity business has been a global leader since 1985. We uncover value by identifying great companies and enhancing their performance by providing strategic capital and outstanding management talent. We aim to grow stronger enterprises, create jobs, and enable our portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors, their employees and all stakeholders.
Investor Relations and Reporting Analyst
Blackstone’s Private Equity Investor Relations and Reporting group is responsible for the preparation and presentation of all marketing and fundraising materials for the business’ funds. The group mainly provides support to business management and deal professionals while addressing a variety of investor relations, management reporting, global investor relations, and Blackstone capital markets matters in support of many high profile firm projects. The role primarily focuses on financial information, sensitivity analysis, performance related data, research and legal/regulatory matters in executing on the marketing needs of all prospective, current and closed funds within the alternative asset manager’s Corporate Private Equity business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Support of all aspects of the marketing and fundraising cycle from fund concept, PPM preparation, launch, “road show” presentations, marketing, diligence and closing of investor capital commitments
· Leverage investment activity and valuations across all funds, including capital calls, distributions, quarterly valuations, etc. to create bespoke investor presentations
· Handle management reporting for the business as well as corporate finance
· Conduct fund update calls with Limited Partners of the fund
· Heavily support coinvest syndication requirements
· Manage preparation of investment returns including performance track records
· Manage preparation of sensitivity analysis, projections, forecasts, etc.
· Develop and prepare annual LP conference materials, pitch books, performance memos
· Complete limited partner due diligence requests and handle investor queries
· Draft presentations and memorandums for senior management
· Complete regulatory filings for the business (i.e. Form PF)
· Support broader finance and investor relations teams in dealing with new product development, existing clients and prospective investors
· Support the Blackstone Capital Markets organization on credit and equity research, deal closings and other special projects
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
· Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with strong GPA
· 1-3 years of related experience
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple projects
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Essbase reporting skills a plus
· Highly motivated and intelligent with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to “see the bigger picture” and get to the heart of issues rapidly
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· A desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure
· Results oriented, with the ability to work effectively under pressure
· Strong work ethic; genuine passion for excellence
· Personal and professional integrity of the highest order