About the Position
The Quantitative Strategies Group is responsible for the development of investment strategies spanning active Equity, Fixed Income, and Multi-Asset strategies. Our team utilizes financial valuation techniques, corporate competitive analysis, and behavioral models to create proprietary models that aim to predict what will happen, not simply rely on history repeating itself. The Quantitative Analyst's primary role is to participate in research and development activities of quantitative strategies including propriety risk model development, alpha signals, and cutting-edge portfolio construction methods.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Conduct quantitative research and be instrumental in the design and testing of quantitative investment strategies across various asset classes
- Act as the portfolio manager for products that utilize quantitative strategies
- Build applications to meet the risk management and portfolio construction needs of the broader organization
- Document research findings and participate in creating white papers for internal and external distribution
Skills & Experience Required
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field (or minimum Masters in Financial Engineering with relevant prior experience)
- Strong interest in financial theory and its application across various asset classes
- Prior 0-2 years experience creating quantitative investment strategies (any asset class) is a plus
- Good communication and strong programming skills in Matlab, Visual Basic, C++
About Guggenheim Investments
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
See in Google Maps
Santa Monica, United States