The Senior Accountant - Public Reporting has primary responsibility for the preparation of required public company filings with the Securities Exchange Commission ("SEC"). This position reports directly to the Director of Public Reporting and has significant growth potential. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills and a high level of attention to detail.
The responsibilities include:
- Prepare and file public reports 10-K and 10-Q, including the MD&A and S-X Financials.
- Prepare and file other SEC reports such as earnings releases, proxy statements, registration statements, prospectus supplements, Section 16, and Form 8-K.
- Edgarize and prepare XBRL filings to SEC.
- Prepare quarterly package for Senior Management.
- Analysis and documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Review and assist with the implementation of new accounting policies under U.S. GAAP and new SEC requirements.
- Ongoing responsibility to evaluate the processes to improve through automation or procedural changes.
- Ad-hoc analytical work and projects.
- CPA and 3 to 5 years of experience in general accounting and SEC reporting.
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements.
- MS Access and Excel macro proficiency.
- Preferred Experience in creating XBRL exhibits for SEC 10-K and 10-Q filings but not required.
See in Google Maps
Greenwich, CT, United States