What do you see yourself doing in 3 years?
Working in IB
18% (128 votes)
Working in PE
11% (78 votes)
Working in HF
11% (79 votes)
Working in ER
4% (28 votes)
Working in AM
5% (36 votes)
Working in S&T
7% (48 votes)
Working in VC
2% (14 votes)
Working in RE
2% (14 votes)
Big 4 / Accounting
4% (26 votes)
PWM / Investment Advisor
1% (6 votes)
1% (9 votes)
4% (28 votes)
7% (49 votes)
Trading on my own / full-time day trading
1% (9 votes)
In Grad school (MBA, MSF, etc)
9% (63 votes)
2% (12 votes)
Entrepreneur, non-finance related
7% (46 votes)
Other Job (finance-related)
1% (10 votes)
Other Job (non-finance)
2% (15 votes)
Total votes: 698
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here are messages from Natalie and Jen who will be checking this thread every few days: Natalie I'm here to answer any questions you have regarding Business School...
- I’ve been paying close attention recently to what the people who advance quickly in their career have in common, and what the people who are stuck in the same role for years have in common. One insight I had was that the people who are stuck in the same role for years and decades are no...
- You’re just starting the finance recruiting season. You’re an undergrad that needs to ace his or her finance job interview. Or you’re a MBA student that needs to land that top-notch offer. Most importantly, you’re in luck! We’ve compiled a list of the most common and frequently...
- Wanted to do this since I have recently seen a trend of more CRE posts in general, and quite a few about REPE specifically. Brief background: -Not really sure if there's such a thing as a 'target' tranche for CRE/REPE in undergraduate schools, but I went to what would probably...
- Does anybody play any games for the Xbox 1 or the PS4? Does anyone play any shooting games, fighting games, racing games etc
- Hey everyone - this forum has served me greatly over the past couple of years and so I thought I'd give back to the community. Given the lack of info on PE Analyst programs on WSO, I thought it would be helpful if I started an AMA. More info on myself: graduated from a target school and...
- The 2017 Hedge Fund Industry Report compiled by Wall Street Oasis (WSO) provides insight on compensation, the interview process, employee satisfaction and more. All statistics featured in the reports are based on 1,800+ user submissions from the hedge fund industry. The report...
- The Wall Street Oasis Scholarship The primary goal of Wall Street Oasis is to help educate young finance professionals and students as they approach critical career decisions. It is a place where finance professionals can come to learn more about other related fields, network with other...
- Wall Street Oasis (WSO) released a detailed 2017 Investment Banking Report that includes data on compensation, the interview process, employee satisfaction, and more. All statistics featured in the reports are based solely on paid user submissions to the WSO Company Database during...
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing enroll in self-study financial modeling...
- Hey guys, Was just wondering if any one had a success story or where they turned their lives around. For me it was coming from an immigrant family who was bankrupt, coupled with hanging with negative...
- Hi there, After lurking for sometime, I figured I'd jump in with an AMA: Anything you want to ask an E&F allocator? Willing to offer candid thoughts on any and all questions, from the do's and...
- Forbes came out with their annual 30 under 30 for 2018 today. It's that time of year where we feel bad about ourselves, but at the same time motivated, because no matter how well you're doing, there'...
- Just out of curiosity, are there any fraternities (or other organizations) out there that have particularly strong ties to Wall Street? I get that most people don't talk about what they did in...
- So I was at dinner last night and really lamenting the information sources available nowadays. I am looking for some suggestions of either magazines, journals (academic or other), as well as research...
- Hey guys, I'm currently a middle market credit analyst for a larger regional bank. Internally, I'm on the career path to become a lender. Last week I was approached by a recruiter from a private...
- Wondering what is WSO's take on the coming automation of financial analysis. Will markets ever get so efficient from the algos that CFA's and research associates won't be needed?
- Is there a quick way to estimate how accretive or dilutive cash flow timing would be to your IRR without excel (just back of the envelope)? For example, say you have cash flows which look like the...
- I'm an associate at an MF, working in technology private equity. If you looked at my career, it would look like everything went according to plan - Ivy League grad, banking at a BB (around a year),...
- Join the Wall Street Oasis Team Open opportunities for students: 2017 WSO Internship (application deadline is May 16th) Blogging Internship* *Top interns in the blogging internship will be...
- To give a bit of context, I interned over the summer at Google in Dublin and have since been offered a role in the UK sales team for a Summer 2018 start date. However, I am struggling to ignore the...
- Hey guys, I'm a Junior at a top 15 school and am going to be interning in PWM/Private Banking at a top BB (think GS/JPM/MS). This year I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do -- I was initially...
- Hey guys, I'm a Junior at a top 15 school and am going to be interning in Private Banking at a top BB (think GS/JPM/MS). This year I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do -- I was initially...
- For the single guys living in NYC, how are you liking the online dating scene? Back when I was there, the quality of women and matches was astounding, and other cities have not even come close.
- Yo, I got into Mountain Biking at the beginning of this year and have fallen in love with the sport. I've done a couple races and gotten a lot better in less than a year and have gotten a lot more in...
- Nov 20 2017 - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Nov 21 2017 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Nov 27 2017 - 8:00am to Nov 28 2017 - 6:00pm
- Nov 29 2017 (All day) to Nov 30 2017 (All day)
- Nov 29 2017 - 8:00am to Nov 30 2017 - 7:00pm