I see people put their current position on LinkedIn as "Incoming Analyst at ..." on Linkedin, as well as posting about how they accepted the offer. Few questions. 1. Is this the way to do it? I always thought you would wait until the internship started. 2. If you shouldn't add the job title should you still post an update? or Vise versa? 3. If you do NOT post, will your recruiters think you do not care? I always figured just wait until later, at least on the job title. Would love to hear opinions.
28 Jul 2020
Signed an SA offer with an IB in late May. In the two week window I had to accept my offer, loads of people from the office called and emailed me congratulating me or just wanting to answer any remaining questions that I had. I signed the offer a couple days later and received a response by HR. After that, I haven't really heard anything from the bank. Nor do I even know what they would say. Should I reach out for phone calls with general questions about the market right now or something? Or is it completely typical for there to be silence till a couple months before the internship?
01 Jul 2020
Hi guys, Context: I've been recently made an intership offer at great firm with team I really liked. (Firm A / IB) It is quite clear to me that I will/want to accept the offer at Firm A. Around a week ago I had my first interview at a different firm (went good) and got invited to the second round interview, which is in a couple of days. (Firm B / PE) My question: Assuming I accept at Firm A today, should I contact Firm B prior to my second interview in order to save both parties valuable time or just finish Firm B's recruiting process and letting them know at the end? Keep in mind that
31 Aug 2018
Hi all, I am currently looking to make the move at a senior analyst level and I have 2 offers on the table. The ultimate goal is a small PE/VC fund (within 2-3 years) Mizuho - corporate finance and Advisory Solutions Stifel - Investment Banking Team Please share your thoughts
21 Sep 2017
For the last year, I have been working my ass off to get an IB analyst offer. I graduated the summer of 2014 and took a job a consulting shop starting in Fall - it was the best option I had at that time and a few trusted mentors told me it would have great "exit potential". I had my heart set on IB, so even though I go above and beyond at my job, I really hate it. I have kept looking and I FINALLY got an offer at a reputable boutique. Great, right?
21 Jan 2015
I was fortunate enough to land and accept an offer for a full-time analyst role beginning in late June 2016. I am in a bit of different situation than most as I am slated to graduate in December. My years in college have been very dense so to say, as a result of a significant athletic commitment in addition to the pursuit of multiple majors of study. My original plan was enjoy my last few months of "freedom" by doing some traveling, visiting friends at other universities,spending time with family, and enjoying the college scene for one last semester (something I did not have much of a chance
22 Sep 2015
If you had an IBD analyst offer from a "Pipar Jeffray, Baird, or William Blair" type bank and a Corporate Development (M&A) analyst offer from a Fortune 250 firm in a growing industry, which would you take and why?
27 Nov 2014
So I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this topic. At this point I have 2 options. I can start my IB career at a boutique middle market bank in Los Angeles at the lowest entry level position OR I can go back to business school, get my MBA from a top 20 school (M7 is a reach) and go work for a BB in NYC as an associate, which I am confident I can do. I was wondering what the opinions are on these 2 career paths. Would it be hard to make a lateral move to a BB later on? I also feel like I would be getting more deal experience at a BB but would also be more exposed to the deal process from top
05 Jan 2015
I recently received a FT offer from a boutique bank, but have an interview (most likely final round) with a well known MM bank. I would prefer to go to the middle market bank because I like the culture as well as the industry. My interview isn't scheduled until later this week and the boutique is looking for an immediate hire. Do I tell the boutique that I'm in the interview process somewhere else and ask them to give me more time to decide or will they just give the offer to another candidate? I guess I could always accept and renege but that would definitely burn bridges and it's something I would rather not do. I already contacted the MM bank and asked to move up the interview date (it was previously scheduled for next week, but the new date isn't set yet...)
03 Mar 2014