Jefferies Exits 2024

I will be interning at Jefferies in London this summer and was wondering what sort of exit opportunities Jefferies can lead to. Long term, I'd love to enter PE, so if anyone could provide some insight into what the exit opportunities at Jefferies look like, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Jefferies has a strong reputation for facilitating excellent exit opportunities, particularly into private equity. Based on the most helpful WSO content, here are some insights into the exit opportunities from Jefferies:

1. Private Equity Funds: Jefferies has been known to place individuals into reputable middle-market (MM) private equity funds. This is facilitated by its strong performance in sectors like Energy, among others.

2. Consistent Exits to Top MM PE Shops: Particularly, Jefferies M&A group sees consistent exits to top MM private equity shops. This trend is expected to continue as Jefferies enhances its market position.

3. Compensation and Benefits: Jefferies is known to pay above the street, especially for associates and up. This competitive compensation package can be attractive when transitioning to private equity, where compensation can also be highly rewarding.

4. Technical Interview Process: If you're aiming for a transition to PE, it's worth noting that Jefferies' interview process is known to be more technical, which can be excellent preparation for the rigorous PE interview processes.

5. All Cash Bonuses: For associates and up, Jefferies offers all cash bonuses, which do not have a clawback if you leave for a buy-side role, such as private equity. This could provide financial flexibility when considering a move.

These factors make Jefferies an attractive starting point for those looking to transition into private equity in the future. It's advisable to network internally and leverage the firm's resources to position yourself effectively for such opportunities.

Sources: Jefferies 2022, Breakdown of Post-IB Exit Opportunities, Breakdown of Post-IB Exit Opportunities, From Private Equity Associate to VP in Private Equity, A Few Observations on Investment Banking Exit Opportunities

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Before my semi-ignorant self makes a pessimistic declaration – I'll wait for more experienced commenters

Thanks Intern, and Prospect. So thankful that you've shared you knowledge, with so much experience behind you.

Jefferies exits to top MM PE, and as deal flow continues to increase/deals get bigger, likely that exits will continue to improve. Lean deal teams compared to BBs, so exposure usually better as a junior. Exit opportunities are slightly team dependant, but generally good all round. Recent PUI analyst joined Ares London.

Rather than asking, why don't you try and find the data yourself? Go on LI and search for people based in whichever country you're interested in that currently work in PE and had Jefferies as a prior company. Do a quick scan of those which landed in some PE funds you'd be interested in to see if they did Jefferies -> PE directly or an intermediate step. That should help guide your decision.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Why are people in 1st world countries so hyper-obsessed with these kind of clap backs? The truth is that asking WSO is almost as reliable and far more EFFICIENT than this convoluted search you recommend. Even after the search, nothing is wrong with supplementing the info with harvesting comments from WSO! If you weren't personally interrupted to be asked this question, then your comment literally has no justifiable excuse

Consequatur quaerat ipsa ut culpa. Recusandae ut perspiciatis et eius ad neque repellendus tempore. Distinctio ipsam eos consectetur quos. Error quae omnis commodi eum velit. Maxime voluptatum blanditiis et nostrum.

Omnis adipisci voluptas eum et molestias quia. Commodi quos in in temporibus. Praesentium et exercitationem recusandae sunt omnis ab.

Officia architecto officiis vitae hic quae blanditiis omnis. Corporis nesciunt alias dolore consequatur at dolores soluta. Enim deserunt laboriosam enim illum.

Ipsum ipsum sit quos numquam repellendus modi ea. Repellat eligendi numquam odio. Rerum voluptas omnis qui exercitationem. Quis dignissimos minima fugiat.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”