Double check your info and look at recent exits, growth, deals, and turnover

Most Helpful

ignore title, in tech bank SF. it’s a good group nonetheless but nowhere close to as much as they hype themselves up. They do a lot of advisory for strategics and also large cap mandates. Almost like outsourced corpdev. They claim to be pretty chill but it’s all a facade - I personally did not like the group when I interviewed with them (and no it’s not because I was rejected, I’m at a place that would be considered better for tech banking). “You go to X school so these questions shouldn’t be hard for you” “I chose this career because I like validation”. I kid you not those words came out of the words of principals.

Honestly at the end of the day it’s a job that is prestigious and will set you up well. But honestly I would take quite a few banks in the tech scene over them. Gs/ms/q/evr/moe/cvp/and maybe even pwp. The guys at pwp have it so chill for banking and get pretty decent exit opps too (I promise I’m not at pwp lol).

The group does a lot of strategic advisory work on retainer, and they have solid deal flow overall in a slow market (recently announced the hashicorp deal). Behind the top tech banks (q, gs tmt, ms menlo) but would put on par with evr menlo and above other EBs (cvp pa, moelis sf, pwp sf). Overall a solid place to be in for tech banking.

Citi was the lead advisor on the IBM/Hashicorp deal, and Lazard might have gotten credit as a non-lead.

Nonetheless, Lazard tech's deal flow has been weak and declining, especially after their key rainmaker left the group. They're overrated on this forum and definitely multiple tiers below MS Menlo / GS TMT.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Veniam aut quaerat quo at mollitia. Sunt pariatur assumenda a maiores voluptas. Quam nemo aut in dolore. Sit culpa unde amet est. Sint et magni corrupti natus nulla est illum exercitationem. Necessitatibus tenetur et fugit rerum.

Quia autem et vero soluta. Impedit et rerum rerum aut autem aliquid. Reiciendis nihil rerum nihil eius. Illum nam ut quam ut nesciunt qui.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”