Barclays Top Groups 2024

Took an offer for Summer 2025 at Barclays; trying to see what top groups are in the bank. I know things have changed a lot in the bank recently, but previous lists have had it as P&U, Sponsors, NatRes, Healthcare, Tech, and Industrials all being solid, particularly for exits.

Wanted to get a pulse check on how true this is in the present day.

Based on the most helpful WSO content, Barclays has historically been strong in several sectors, including Power & Utilities (P&U), Sponsors, Natural Resources (NatRes), Healthcare, Technology, and Industrials. These groups have been noted for their solid performance and good exit opportunities into private equity and other prestigious roles.

However, it's important to note that the banking landscape, including group reputations and strengths, can shift over time due to various factors such as changes in leadership, market conditions, or strategic focus of the bank. For the most current and specific information, it would be beneficial to connect with current employees, check recent updates on industry forums like Wall Street Oasis, and follow the latest news related to Barclays. This will give you a more accurate and timely understanding of which groups are considered top performers as of 2024.

Sources: Thoughts on Barclays Response to Goldman survey, Barclays Puts in Sensors to See Which Bankers Are at Their Desks, Are banking offers down this year? A friend of mine mentioned it to me but I'm not sure., HSBC Reputation Today, Thoughts on Barclays in 2020

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Ignore title, never changed it but am a former banker at Barclays. PU&I, and NatRes Sponsors are the best groups. Sponsors are the best for PE and PU&I for infrastructure exits. Sponsors are a very small group but place well into UMM/MF and PU&I places super well into UMM/MF Infra seats. As for the regular coverage groups: HC has killed it with exits and has had MF exits while I was there. Industrials/TMT/CR are also fine exits-wise, but clearly the next tier down in my opinion.

Not OP but incoming SA in tech/industrials. Actually wanted consumer originally but heard exits were a shred below the other two. 

Is MF/UMM PE (non-infra) still possible out of those two groups? Or do headhunters have a pretty clear preference for HC/PU&I? 

Dolor corrupti natus nulla sint doloribus. Vel pariatur dolore amet esse amet quam quia. Enim omnis est magnam velit ea. Accusantium aut aperiam corrupti tempora totam. Ut eveniet aut et quos.

Nesciunt est ut ducimus odio quibusdam rerum delectus. Ad aut veniam eveniet officiis voluptatem dolor. Aliquam consequatur nulla voluptatem voluptatum excepturi error tenetur. Et et dolores accusantium cumque et. Aut perspiciatis animi at quos.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (92) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”