- AMA: Investment Manager at Emerging Market
- 10 years of experience in finance- 5+ years of experience in investment banking and private equity services- non-target education for both undergraduate and graduate in US- getting a job as an international student experience in US (i.e. CPT, OPT, H1B)- ...
Forum topic - FUMoney - Jan 11 2015 - 11:00am - 54 comments
- On the Job With Simple As… My Research Process
When I did my AMA thread a while back I promised at least one person that I would share my general research process. So here you go... Every analyst has his/her own way of conducting due diligence. There certainly is no one correct way to come to an ...
Forum topic - Simple As... - Nov 27 2014 - 2:54pm - 133 comments
- Equity Research Bonuses- 2014
These types of data gathering threads are pretty helpful to everyone involved. Just wanted to get a sense of how bonuses and comp is panning out this year. Good format would be- BANK (BB /MM) / POSITION (Years experience) / BASE / BONUS / LOCATION (ex: ...
Forum topic - valuemunkee - Jan 24 2015 - 11:06pm - 25 comments
- Commuting and ER
I've seen a few posts regarding how commuting isn't possible for IB analysts. How do people in ER feel about living in one of the outer boroughs and traveling to Manhattan? I'm wondering if living in a Staten Island and taking the ferry is a ...
Forum topic - Professor Plum - Jan 28 2015 - 11:46pm - 9 comments
- AMA- I'm an Equity Analyst/PM at an Asset Manager
Mod Note (Andy): this ama is now closed, thanks again to N164 for answering all the q's! I've been in the Asset Management field for 15+ years, started as an i-banker out of undergrad, moved to AM after b-school when the hours got to me (both at ...
Forum topic - N164 - Nov 19 2014 - 12:34pm - 102 comments
- Do I need to build my own model for the first round intervew?
Going to have a phone interview with an MD in Raymond James. I know stock pitch is a big part, but not sure if I should build my own model now to support my pitch...maybe its to late...PLEASE ADVISE! Thanks! ...
Forum topic - Ehurtle - Jan 31 2015 - 5:59pm - 5 comments
- Boutique IB vs. BB ER
What summer internship would set me up better for FT BB IB recruiting? ...
Forum topic - honeywell - Jan 18 2015 - 6:07pm - 10 comments
- Equity Research- Should you change the sector you cover if you get an offer from a BB?
Hi, I currently work as an equity research associate covering the consumer sector at a small firm, and have an offer for another ER Associate position at a bulge bracket, but covering the tech sector. I have been in my current role for 1.5yrs. Do you think ...
Forum topic - cynicalhbk - Jan 28 2015 - 10:17pm - 5 comments
- MBA Research Associate- Buy or Sell Side?
As an MBA without previous ER experience, would it be better to shoot for a position on the sell side or buy side, in terms of salary progression and work/life. I'd like to see my career progress towards a PM role. I'd particularly like to hear ...
Forum topic - mkballer - Jan 27 2015 - 2:54pm - 5 comments
- That Awful Moment When You Realize...
You'll be facetiming it up from 2pm-8pm. What do y'all do to combat the agony of facetime and make yourself look productive? ...
Forum topic - Futures Trader Man - Jan 12 2015 - 5:35pm - 9 comments