- IB INTERVIEW ALERT: NEW 2014 Version of WSO Investment Banking Prep Pack Released!
Another 100+ Questions Added...Now Over 500+: We've sifted through 2 THOUSAND+ more questions submitted to the WSO Company Database this past year to make the IB Prep Pack even more killer. We've picked out another 100 questions based on new ...
Blog entry - WallStreetOasis.com - Mar 4 2015 - 8:28am - 12 comments
- A guide to the Words of Wall Street New Folks take a peak
So as I've stated in several threads I'm new to the IB culture. Working on educating myself on all aspect, but as with any map you need a legend or it it useless. Ive comprised a list of Vocab word definitions that had been advised as being ...
Forum topic - FrankieTheWop - Feb 18 2015 - 10:36am - 9 comments
- Dropping medical school for investment banking
I'm (25) in my second year of medical school and I'm just not happy with where things are going. There was always something about business that attracted me and I'm particularly interested in investment banking or private equity. But I have ...
Forum topic - jy_gby - Feb 3 2015 - 12:23am - 44 comments
- How I moved from backoffice to Commercial Banking to Investment Banking/Private Equity (coming from a non-target school)
Dear All, I'd like to share my experiences with you to let you know that it is possible to work for a private equity firm or investment bank coming from non-traditional routes, but the process is completely different from the traditional ...
Forum topic - Doobsmeister - Jan 28 2015 - 6:01pm - 15 comments
- The Comprehensive List of Transfer Friendly Schools For Investment Banking
Mod Note: Each day we'll be posting the top WSO forum posts of 2014. This one was originally posted on 4/6/14 and ranks #31 for the year by total silver banana count. You can see all our top ranked content here. Hello Monkeys, I am currently in the ...
Blog entry - SouthernAlpha - Jan 1 2015 - 11:05pm - 83 comments
- Strongest TMT (Media/Telecom) Groups in NY
Which banks have the strongest TMT groups in NY in terms of deal flow for media and telecom? I know GS TMT is typically noted for its deal flow, but what is the breakdown? Are they stronger in tech or media/telecom or pretty even? Are there any banks in NY ...
Forum topic - bjjwhitebelt - Jan 20 2015 - 2:40am - 15 comments
- AMA: Investment Manager at Emerging Market
- 10 years of experience in finance- 5+ years of experience in investment banking and private equity services- non-target education for both undergraduate and graduate in US- getting a job as an international student experience in US (i.e. CPT, OPT, H1B)- ...
Forum topic - FUMoney - Jan 11 2015 - 11:00am - 54 comments
- Sincere thank you to the WSO Community
Mod Note: Each day we'll be posting the top WSO forum posts of 2014. This one was originally posted on 7/7/14 and ranks #16 for the year by total silver banana count. You can see all our top ranked content here. Fellow Monkeys, this is my story of ...
Forum topic - henchman - Dec 22 2014 - 11:00am - 58 comments
- Is IU Bloomington non-direct admit worth it?
Just received my acceptance email from IU and was wondering if it would be worth going there without direct admit with investment banking being my goal out of undergraduate. Thanks! P.S. The only other school I have been accepted to and heard from so far ...
Forum topic - AlphaAsFAQ - Mar 2 2015 - 3:57pm - 12 comments
- IBD Associate Exit Ops?
I'm going to be interning at a BB bank as an IBD Associate this coming summer and just wanted to assess my future options down the road. What exit ops are available for IBD Associates when they decide it's time to go? It seems PE/VC opportunities ...
Forum topic - prenvk - Mar 2 2015 - 10:32am - 11 comments