- Attn: Students: Cool Beta Test + Help
Guys, I thought I'd reach out and see if any of you who are current students felt like helping out a cool startup and availing yourself of a cutting edge app when it's released. I have no financial interest in this company, I just think it's ...
Forum topic - Edmundo Braverman - Jan 29 2015 - 4:50pm - 4 comments
- Google Business Solutions Role vs Microsoft Marketing vs Finance...for VC Exit?
Hey everyone, I'd really appreciate your thoughts on the following. I have an internship offer with Google's business solutions group, in which I will work with advertisers and publishers on Double Click. I'd like to be in VC or PE in the ...
Forum topic - julianandmort - Feb 16 2015 - 2:46pm - 6 comments
- Guide to Private Equity Careers & Venture Capital Careers
Guide - WallStreetOasis.com - Jul 9 2014 - 2:23pm
- Finance Career Path, Wall Street Career Paths Guide
Guide - WallStreetOasis.com - Jan 9 2014 - 8:48am
- Consulting or Banking for Venture Capital
I am currently a sophomore at a semi-target with a BB ib internship this summer. Assuming this opens me up to opportunities at elite boutiques and MBB consulting next summer, which do you think could better prepare me for a career in venture capital or ...
Forum topic - CRR - Jan 31 2015 - 5:05am - 5 comments
- From Senior year of high school to Wall Street (Part 1)
I am going to document my journey from a high school in east Tennessee to a career on Wall Street. Who I am ...
Blog entry - Marginal Benefit - Jan 8 2015 - 12:21am - 2 comments
- What finance should I know for Early Stage Venture capital/smaller PE firms (Currently in Consulting)
Hi Everyone, I'm currently working as a consultant in strategy, risk, and operations and I am looking to switch over to Early stage venture capital hopefully. I was wondering what type of finance background I should have at those firms, also for ...
Forum topic - thatruth34pp - Feb 27 2015 - 8:39am - 1 comment
- Any good VC-oriented valuation books? And would any early stage VCs here mind PMing me?
I was wondering if there were any good books on VC (seed, series A) valuation similar to what the Rosenbaum & Pearl text is to banking (detailed, highly recommended for beginners, a good study/reference guide etc). I've gathered some of the ...
Forum topic - Hugh Myron - Nov 13 2014 - 2:39pm - 5 comments
- What do you want/ not want to see out of a presentation for VC?
I am pitching a startup to venture capitalists in December. As a venture capitalist, what do you want to see in a presentation? What do you not want to see? ...
Forum topic - Marginal Benefit - Nov 21 2014 - 1:55pm - 6 comments
- Military Reservist + VC position?
Searched the forums, but found nothing... I'm interested in doing VC, but I've also had the itch to serve in the military. My family has a strong heritage of military tradition, and I considered the military my back-up if I didn't land in IB ...
Forum topic - Ventures - Nov 16 2014 - 6:05pm - 6 comments