WallStreetOasis.com Certified Users
WallStreetOasis.com continually tries to identify our most seasoned and helpful members by tagging them withstatus. A will have a star next to his/her username every time they post a comment so that users new to the site will know that the comment is being made from a reputable source.
The benefits of becoming ainclude:
- Free 3 month access to the WSO Job Board for any new that request it. ($45 value)
- Free ticket to the annual WSO Conference in NYC ($199 value)
- Access to the private group with instant messaging chat so that you can network and build relationships with other talented finance professionals
- Respect in the community as a valued source of advice. knowledge is what keeps WSO a great resource for the younger chimps
The criteria to gainstatus is as follows:
- The user has proven he/she works FULL TIME in the specified field in their profile for at least 1 year through e-mail verification to [email protected] or connecting with our Chief Monkey Patrick on LinkedIn here. Or if you are not able to connect, e-mail him (and cc Ivy) at [email protected] and include a link to your LinkedIn profile so that we can confirm your professional status matches your profile. (Sorry, no )
- The user has demonstrated superior knowledge in that specified field and given helpful advice to other users. This is not required, but is a way to get Certified automatically
- The user has displayed maturity, patience and a willingness to help other prospective monkeys with limited or no experience (we usually require at least a 2:1 Silver Banana to Monkey Shit ratio on your profile and prefer to only Certify those above 3:1 (we look at each user on a case by case basis, however). Also, status can be removed if the user is inappropriate, combative and/or argumentative with other members
- The user continues to display maturity and does not get into meaningless debates on school or company rankings (again, certification can be revoked)
Note: Under rare circumstances, users that demonstrate superior knowledge and a desire to help can gainstatus very quickly, while other members will have to improve their reputation with the site administrators & moderators to become certified.
If you believe you deserve to be certified and have not been yet, you can always e-mail [email protected] with a link to your LinkedIn profile to make your case or just have us review your account.