Just got the VCL after applying months ago for PEP/ASG, anyone know if PEP does any direct at all or if LTPC is in PEP?

weird. i got the hirevue right after applying. i submitted earlier this month tho

Which group did you apply to? What did the questions look like?

Have not done it yet but probably something related to why this group then tell me about something related in the news to this group.

i haven’t heard anything after my R1 for alternatives. has anyone gotten super day or rejection?

Behavioral mostly. How do you work in teams with examples? How do you handle pressure ? They asked me to explain how I analyzed some data in my resume. Know everything in your resume. How is the market condition ? Have you used any data analysis tools? How ? They literally asked me to mention Blackrock principles too.

omg thank you guys all so so much they were super helpful. my interview too was super behavioral. the guy talked to me for like 15 mins and spent the rest of the time asking if i had any question for him. any idea on how superdays are like?? still waiting on results

Yeah mate, cheers to that. How many people do you reckon get invited to a first round interview? I'm just curious to understand how selective the HireVue is.

Also, I'll let you all know whenever I get an update/feedback from the team. 

Wasn't FI. I got invited a week after first round but I really bonded with my first round interviewer. despite this, still waiting to hear back after SD. 

Thanks for the feedback my internet friend, always valuable information. Really appreciate that.

May I ask if you could give some info of how the superday was for you? like how many interviews, tecnhical or behavioral, etc?

Also, if I didn't hear anything after 1 week from my 1st round, do you think I got canned or just a matter of time?

Most Helpful

It’s my pleasure to share, we’re in this together. This is my first time applying for a job in financial services so I don’t know much but most guys who have made it in my school told me they usually decide within a week or two after the first round.

For the super day interviews, I had three rounds with three VP’s. Mostly behavioral but a little bit deeper. I remember a question like: explain how you sent a complex written report and people didn’t understand it, what did you do ? How do you respond to criticisms? What will people say about your strengths and weaknesses? Pitch me Chevron stock (I mentioned I analyzed chevron in my resume). Why did you choose this location? Explain to me this project you did ? Tell me the predictive algorithms you used in this project? (Mentioned in resume). But overall they were very friendly and it was conversational. I asked them a couple of questions tailored to their profiles too and they seemed to like it. Hoping for the best but Im told it’s really competitive and I feel lucky to have even made it to the interviews given my unusual background. I wish you best in your final round. Hopefully they’ll respond to you next week.

I know of a classmate that got the 1st round for an Alternatives team in the UK. Haven't heard since though. It's been about 3 weeks for him too. Seems in line with everyone else waiting period. Not sure what is taking this long and if in the meantime they keep on having 1st round interviews with other candidates. For what team did you interview and where if I may ask?

Still waiting on a feedback for me. In the meantime I'm trying to prepare in case of a final round...

For the final round I've read that usually it is 2x30min interviews and then an excel and written tests. Does anyone know how these are structured and could give any details of what kind of questions/tasks are included? Also, for the final round interviews (2x30min), did you have any direct technical questions or mainly being up to date on current events, CV based and judgment? Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks and best of luck to all of you!

Are there still currently open positions at BLK right now?

Magni quidem illum voluptatem facilis. Molestiae consequatur ut et fugit cum sed corporis tenetur. Velit assumenda iure provident dolorum nemo totam. Dolorem consectetur sunt fuga cumque magnam est veniam.

Reprehenderit repellat quo et a voluptate occaecati ut. Officia est id tempore. Laboriosam repellat et autem eligendi vel aliquam et. Quas enim voluptas omnis minus ratione aut. Sed sequi veniam magni animi asperiores omnis laborum. Facere magni laudantium ex in consequatur explicabo voluptatum. Qui eligendi provident dolor dolores voluptatem aut.

Sapiente officia reprehenderit quis quia tempore et in tenetur. Voluptas reprehenderit ut soluta deleniti et nihil. Ut iure nemo pariatur nobis rerum consequuntur voluptatibus possimus.

Vitae qui sit et architecto hic voluptatibus amet. Incidunt nemo non et qui. Aperiam iusto harum numquam quos aut et. Aperiam esse sint vel rem.

Reiciendis quod id accusamus est enim quasi. Molestiae maiores non dicta. Culpa consequatur aliquam expedita quasi sit suscipit quae distinctio. Eos hic autem eum quod. Totam necessitatibus harum et optio distinctio sunt laborum.

Similique non et sed ipsa necessitatibus ut. Veniam quo est eos minus voluptas unde fugiat. Ab ut numquam sint cum omnis.

Molestiae at harum doloremque commodi consequatur ullam quisquam voluptates. Qui illo accusantium delectus vel animi et. Est corporis mollitia sapiente non optio ab. Cum cupiditate in et quo consequatur.

Harum reprehenderit iusto in necessitatibus sapiente doloremque debitis. Temporibus tempore et facere provident ut quia. Rem ut laboriosam consequatur occaecati dolor esse inventore.

Delectus quas sapiente eos soluta aut. Iste numquam iure eligendi. Nisi iure error rerum velit quasi voluptas. Est quia ab sequi non. Fuga laborum fuga ut sint et temporibus nisi possimus. Est velit illo sunt hic necessitatibus aliquid.

Qui asperiores ea unde et atque error beatae voluptas. Omnis quibusdam saepe ipsa facilis. Cum officiis adipisci saepe. Aut omnis quia commodi similique possimus. Sed cum aut sed esse dignissimos nesciunt. Ab explicabo incidunt distinctio alias et. Debitis recusandae doloremque dolores asperiores non.

Illo quaerat quis aliquam exercitationem voluptas. Dolorem in sit reprehenderit quae. Qui doloremque sed eligendi doloribus. Molestiae repudiandae commodi et nam.

In officia amet molestiae. Ea tenetur soluta vel et tenetur cum. Maxime repellendus ducimus veniam et voluptas quas iste.

[Comment removed by mod team]

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”