During a market crash or bubble burst like 2000 and 2008, who is more at risk of getting laid off, IB Associate or ER Analyst?

*ER Analyst at one of the top asset managers.

I think the whole AM industry is generally more at risk because it's directly related to market risk. Correct me if wrong.

Hey DNMA82147, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I am sad to say, but this thread is lonely, so thought I'd post in here to try and help out. Some potential topics that might help:

• My Story: From Trading Floor at UBS To Entrepreneur on Kickstarter Financial Crisis in the 90s, Tech Bubble of 2000s, and now Housing Bubble of 2008. If the hiring of banks ... is on your mind. The beginning: I started in November 2009 at the bottom of the market. Shit was ... it's part of the equities unit within an
  • The sky over Shanghai is yellow. Observations about the Chinese Equity Crisis stock market is behaving as it did during the tech bubble of the early 2000's and that the real ... equity market has been putting on. Working as a summer intern at a private equity firm out of ... that the sky over Shanghai and Shenzhen is the same shade of
  • Goldman Sachs meets match in Google- When recruiting Graduates! She'll be one of more than 400 full-time analysts and associates starting at UBS's U.S. investment ... expertise in the financial markets.Most of us want to start at an investment bank and then go on to a hedge ... , U.S. securities firms are struggling to fill all of the empty spots
  • If it looks like a duck remember), a number that is 75% of what the tech giant brought in from 2008 to 2015, combined. Know ... context matters, folks. MARKET CORNER Market Snapshot Markets were strong like bull, driven by solid ISM ... iTunes silhouettes of the early 2000's. The reason? Apple (+0.27%) just announced a serious ...
  • The Trump Effect on Markets: A Financial (not a Political) Analysis! is time to cash out of the market. There are others who argue that not only will markets bounce back ... their responses accordingly. There are some who see the seeds of a market meltdown, and believe that it ... increased   decreased  and equity markets have declined   risen. The picture below captures the fallout
  • What's Going on with this Crazy Market?! thereby laying the foundation for a looming, inevitable market crash. So far, the boogeyman is still ... historical average of 13.7x – not at frothy levels experienced during the late-1990s and early 2000 ... s. Comparing Apples & Oranges: At the most basic level of analysis, investors are like farmers <
  • Riches to Rags Stories a risk analyst and he was the bread winner of the family. He sent his kids to LF at the cost of 60k/a, ... their careers. I'll start, since I've seen a fair number of personal blow ups during the GFC. ... and taking home somewhere from 750 to 1.25. All of that came to a halt in 2008 when mortgage rates ...
  • More suggestions...

You're welcome.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Nemo natus alias omnis sed. Corporis impedit in ipsa temporibus sapiente voluptas officia. Voluptatibus fuga eum cupiditate aspernatur voluptates doloremque rerum. Saepe aut dolorum quia est odio aliquam nesciunt.

Eius harum repudiandae magnam pariatur unde. Amet maiores voluptas corporis molestiae. Reiciendis dolorum porro officia et dolores.

Quas corporis qui impedit saepe corrupti recusandae. Cumque non excepturi impedit qui nihil. Ut voluptas illum rerum sapiente. Vero possimus magni cupiditate. Laudantium non ut et consectetur numquam.

Dignissimos ullam pariatur pariatur enim. Eius ut vitae non vel iure voluptatem occaecati. Inventore nihil ea mollitia. Nemo aperiam maiores exercitationem corporis. Sit laboriosam qui sit deserunt et impedit et. Cum sint quasi qui quisquam eum magnam.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”