TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
rounding GPA?Hey, So grades just came out, and I have a 3.77. I'm not going to be in school (ivy league--think in terms of Penn/Columbia/Dartmouth/Brown) for the fall semester so this is the GPA that I'm using for recruiting. Is it acceptable to round my GPA to a 3.8? I feel like putting 3.8/4.0 is usually the ...
Normal topic
Accenture Background CheckI'm set to start in September for Accenture SI in DC, but haven't heard anything since accepting their offer in March. They told me their background check will occur about 6 weeks before the start date. For anyone in accenture, what was the background check like? How many references do i need? ...
Normal topic
Internship oppurtunitiesI am going to be a sophomore at USC majoring in Electrical engineering and minoring in Management Consulting. Realistically where can I get consulting related internship for the summer after sophomore year ? What companies should I look at and what kind of gpa is considered a "cut off"? Also I am w...
Normal topic
Think Tank for Consulting?As a rising senior at a target school, I plan to intern in the fall once again. I'm currently a Finance/International Business double major with an Economics minor. Last summer I was not able to intern because of a study abroad program in China and volunteering/traveling southeast asia. Previously, ...
Normal topic
Insight on IT Consulting?I've read a few Vault guides on Consulting but didn't come away with too much on IT Consulting. I am a rising Junior who has internships in both consulting and IT fields who's end game is ending up in an IT consulting position. If anyone is currently or knows anyone who is in the profession, could y...
Normal topic
Is there any good finance-career out there?Can any one suggest me a good career in finance ? Actually recently i completing my B.com And MBA is too expensive . can any one suggest me any new courses with all the reliant details waiting for response...!!! Thank You Ranjan ...
Normal topic
good old networking question - contacting alumniHi everyone, So I tried searching similar topics on WSO but did not find any fruitful results. I'm looking into a couple nonprofit consulting firms, and got in touch with an alum who's currently working at one. I found her on LinkedIn and sent a short message to show my interest in switching career...
Normal topic
Dalberg: reputation, more informationHas anyone heard of it? It has a lot of workers with strong background (like from HBS, MBB etc). How's it reputation-wise? Good feeder to bsch? any input will be great thanks! ...
Normal topic
on the job frameworksHey all, Can someone suggest any readings which would introduce me to the most general frameworks that consultants use on the job? Thanks. ...
Normal topic
Consulting > Banking?Let me lay out the stakes of the age-old debate for you: Benefits of Consulting: -Much wider variety of exit ops than for banking -On average, better chances at business school, especially top schools like HBS -Fewer work hours than banking, even if it is still grueling Two factors that, in combinat...
Hot topic
Help choosing offersI have a while to decide, but essentially I can go one of two ways with my offer. I'm curious to hear an opinion about where I should go in terms of long term compensation, international opportunities, b-school opportunities (should I decide to go that route), and anything I might not yet have consi...
Normal topic
Accenture Management Consulting to top-tier MBA or M/B/BI was wondering if anybody on this forum was able to (or knows of someone who was able to) go from Accenture Management Consulting to a top-tier MBA program (M7 or something of the sort). I will soon be a first-year analyst at Accenture, and although I am excited to start work there, it seems the f...
Normal topic
From Big 4 consulting to MBBHi all, I have been working for a Big 4 strategy consulting division for two years now, and I am looking to shift to one of the MBB firms. On the company profile of the MBB firms on LinkedIn I see that most of the experienced hires in this firm come from the likes of Accenture, Deloitte Consulting, ...
Hot topic
My progress so far with cold-callingHi everyone, I'm a rising junior at a semi-target. This is officially my first post on WSO. I'd like to share my progress in cold-calling/emailing and wanted to see if anyone else would to share theirs as well. For what its worth, here are the stats: In 22 business days, I have: - contacted 65 peopl...
Normal topic
MBB Case Prep Toronto Study Group!I was wondering if there are people who are looking for case prep buddies to prepare for MBB recruitment cycle this year, it would be great to form a case preparatory group to practice mock interviews with real people who are looking to go through the grueling recruitment process and prepare with ot...
Hot topic
Signing OfferI just got an offer from a very highly rated consulting firm (not MBB) and was wondering if anybody knew what the policies on negotiating offers are. I'm coming out of undergrad so I don't have a whole lot of leverage - if any, but also don't want to leave money on the table if negotiating is possib...
Normal topic
Test scores - SAT vs ACTHey guys, I'm a rising sophomore at a target and I've recently been reading a lot of Victor Cheng's material. According to him, good test scores are crucial to applying to MBB. I was wondering if anybody had any insights on whether MBB prefers SAT or ACT? I'm asking this because my SAT score is pure...
Normal topic
HKS to consulting with no work experience?Hello all! I'm a current MPP student at HKS considering consulting. No prior work experience (came straight from undergrad) and low-ish quant score on GRE (roughly 680-710). Had a mid to high 3.6 in a Deloitte target undergrad (definitely not MBB target) and graduated with honors and all that stuff ...
Normal topic
Did I screw my chances?Hello Everyone, I've had my last 2 interviews with A T Kearney (out of a total of 5) last week. The 4th one was with a principal, very cool guy with whom I we build rapport early and I got a feel that I did very well in that interview. The last interview was with the MD and we were discussing about ...
Normal topic
Can a GMAT pull interviews?After graduating from a total non-target, I'm now in a MAcc program at a school where, in addition to several smaller advisory firms, MBB is recruiting. My overall profile is pretty weak. I have a spotty but not terrible GPA from undergrad, severely lacking ECs, one totally unrelated internship, a...
Hot topic
lateraling to strategy consultingI have been working at a major investment consultancy in Boston for the last month. I found the work didn't particularly suit my skills and was hoping to get into strategy consulting (preferable MBB...). I graduated from a top 5 ugrad , have a 730+ GMAT, 3.6 GPA in CS & Economics and have done a...
Normal topic
Target schools for ConsultingHi, I was wondering what the target and semi-target schools for consulting firms (MBB preferably) were. Are they generally the same as the target schools for IB jobs? I tried searching but didn't find anything specific for consulting. I'm interested in knowing how recruiting is at liberal arts colle...
Normal topic
How long does it take to make a "hire/pass" decision?Back in May I applied to a firm here in Toronto that acts as an "inhouse management consulting/project management/business analysis" department for a few Healthcare organizations. Throughout June and July I went through the normal gamut of interviews (phone, face-to-face, panel comprised of team me...
Hot topic
Comparing MBBI haven't seen a comprehensive comparison of MBB from searching (my apologies if this has been done and I just can't find it). There's obviously a lot of knowledge on this forum, can you guys help me understand how MBB stack up against one another? Also, how are Booz (not BAH) and Delloitte similar/...
Normal topic

Pages