TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Average Consulting Career Length?All, I am sure that there is no clear answer to this question, but I am curious what the typical career length is for an entry level consultant? I understand that many people use consulting as a way to gain business experience, and make great industry contacts before moving onto something else. O...
Normal topic
Deloitte Summer Consulting ExperienceAs a rising Junior, is this something worthwhile to go to? It strikes me as an extended recruiting event. Had to submit a resume to apply... "We would like to invite you to participate in the Deloitte Summer Experience Program! This program is an invitation only event that will take place after wor...
Normal topic
Do most consulting firms require a MBA to advance?I understand that there are some firms, such as OW FS, that do not require a MBA to move up the ranks. In that case, if I was at a firm like OW, would it make sense for me to go to business school? Does it only make sense if I want to switch firms (aka to MBB)? ...
0 n/a
Hot topic
How to lose weight consulting?I already posted this on the investment banking forum, but I want to hear your take on the consulting lifestyle diet. I know from all of the traveling to all of the business dinners, we can get quite fat. I've tried to maintain my weight by running and playing recreational sports at my neighborhood ...
Normal topic
What exactly is consulting?Hi can someone explain to me what consulting is? Thanks ...
Normal topic
Duopolistic Pricing StrategiesDoes anybod know any accessible and practical reads in duopolistic pricing strategies? I work in a duopoly and need to come up with some better pricing strategies, and figure the study of duopolies would presumably give some guidance. Any ideas? ...
Normal topic
Price Elasticity of DemandHello. How does one go about estimating the price elasticity of demand for a product/service in the real world? For anyone who is an economics researcher/consultant/smart person, is it practically difficult? Basically what I want to do is find the demand curve for my product at different points of e...
Normal topic
Do assigned 'mentors' generally actually care about you?Or is it a responsibility that no one gives a shit about? I realize I sound pretty naive right now but was just wondering how helpful my supposed mentor will be. ...
Normal topic
Mercer Investments Consulting InterviewSo I have a second round interview at Mercer for an internship in their Investment Consulting group. I have done my homework on Mercer and MMC and know where I would like to be placed (NY or Chicago). I have been looking around online for questions that they might ask in the second round but have co...
Hot topic
GPA to get interviewsWhat GPA should I aim for as an Economics major at a top public (Michigan, Berkley,etc.) to get SA interviews at MBB, Booz & Co, Monitor, Deloitte, etc? Also am I shooting myself in the foot by not being a business major at their respective undergraduate business programs (Ross, Haas)? ...
Normal topic
I love consultingI just wanted to say that in June 2011 I found WSO. End of June 2011 I learned about the industry and decided that I wanted to be a consultant. I realized I am coming from an unconventional background and would have to work creatively and diligently to breaking into MBB. I am now working with a Toro...
Normal topic
Coffee ChatI have a coffee chat coming up with a fairly big consulting firm in the next two weeks and would like to gauge your guys' opinions. What type of questions should I be avoiding? I plan to make this as conversational as possible. I would like to know what he sees as the exit opportunities in this...
Normal topic
Capital One Business Analyst - Similar Jobs in NY?I've heard a lot of good things about Capital One's business analyst program for recent graduates.....solid pay (65K plus signing bonus), non-crazy hours, kids from top tier schools, etc. It's half consulting half finance, or so it seems. Problem is, those roles are only available in Richmond, DC, a...
Normal topic
Retake GMAT for MBB post MBA application? stressed outHi guys I got a 720 GMAT and got into a top 5 b-school and am aiming to get into top tier consulting (MBB) post MBA. My problem is that my gmat split sucks 66% in quant and 99% in verbal, the exact same split after taking it twice. The redeeming factor is that I have work experience in two bulge bra...
Normal topic
I've been networking and meeting new people... now what?Hey guys, A little background info: I'm entering my 3rd year at a semi-target in Canada and have a ~3.2 GPA. Not the best, I know... But, I've been diligently making my daily cold-emails/cold-calls and have been getting good responses. I've already met quite a few people (MBB+Deloitte) over coffee a...
Normal topic
Case Studies from InterviewsPost any case studies you came across in your Consulting interviews here... ...
Normal topic
SSA & Company - Upcoming Interview I've got an interview with the aforementioned consulting firm this week and I was curious to know if anyone had any information on interviewing, culture, salary, etc. about this firm. The interview was highly unexpected after a casual conversation with a woman who turned out to be a recruiter for th...
Hot topic
McKinsey vs. BCG (summer internship)?Hi all, I've got offers from both for a summer internship (undergrad) in their respective London offices. I suppose I might have liked the atmosphere at BCG slightly more, but I just don't feel that a few interviews is enough for me to draw definitive conclusions -- everyone I interviewed with was l...
Normal topic
Getting into MBB from Unique PositionHello, I am curious as to the consensus about my getting into MBB. I have a unique situation, and I'm wondering what the general opinion is. Student transferring to University of Illinois next month from a community college Potential membership in professional student run consulting group with alumn...
Normal topic
Excel skillsWondering what basic excel skills needed as an entry level consultant. Specifically, in Huron Consulting Healthcare group. ...
Normal topic
southern consultingAlright i'm a rising sophomore at duke and am interested in going into consulting. Currently i'm doing an internship at a boutique IB in the south, but I don't see myself ever enjoying that. My major is economics and my gpa is above 3.6. My first question is how hard are the mbb offices in the south...
Normal topic
Consulting in Philadelphia??After spending 4 years doing entrepreneurial projects after getting my BA, I am interested in getting a job in consulting in my home town of Philadelphia. I was in Tokyo, Japan for the last few years. I found this list of consulting firms in Philadelphia: http://www.consultingcase101.com/list-of-con...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Online/Distance Management Studies?For someone who is about to get his medical degree but is interested in moving on to management consulting after the 2-year-long internship period needed to get the medical license (european system), what would be the best online/distance studies during these 2 years? I am thinking about taking the ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
2012-13 Full Time Recruiting Case Practice / Experience Sharing (Skype)Looking to practice cases live/on Skype over the summer before FT recruiting. Went through summer recruiting in January and am currently interning at a consulting firm - but want to try for MBB again. Mostly looking to practice in the evenings (Pacific) or on the weekends. PM me if interested. ...
Normal topic
Case Interview Practice PartnerI'm looking for a practice partner for case interviews via skype. Is anyone interested? ...

Pages