Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Networking for non-targetsHow to network for management consulting if your university is non target? Is there are special events/info fairs some firms arrange that are open to everybody? Can somebody advise on this? ...
Hot topic
High School Senior - internship offers from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, BOA and NavigantHi, I am a high school senior who received internship offers from McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Navigant Capital Advisors (through family connections). Which one should I choose? My current rank is in this order: McKinsey, Goldman, NCA, BOA. Any advice will be appreciated. ...
Normal topic
due diligence, m&a projects - done in office or client siteJust out of curiosity, commercial/pe dd, m&a projects are usually done on client site or in the office? ...
Normal topic
Templates for Consulting?Hi, Anyone know if there is a slide deck macro or automation tool to help with generating presentation? I know that my friends at MBB have in-house solutions - anyone have any of their own? ...
Normal topic
Booz & Co Interview PoliciesHey guys, few questions for someone with info on Booz & Co: -I interviewed with Booz just before college graduation 6 months ago with no offer, and the feedback that I was too casual/relaxed in final round interview with HR person. I have since been working at an angel investor group - how long ...
Normal topic
EngineersHmm, I am new to this board but I was wondering what are the opportunities for engineers to enter management consulting. I was looking into some of the big companies like BCG etc. Problem is my gpa is a bit low compared to some of the other ppl who might be applying. Finished junior year with a 3.55...
Normal topic
BoozHey what's the difference between Booz&Company and Booz Allen Hamilton? And don't ding me for the question, but which is more prestigious? Haha. Before I get monkey shit on, let me say I did google this and I see that Booz was spun off from Booz Allen Hamilton. However, I read articles referenci...
Normal topic
Charles River Associates 2nd Round INterview - AnalystI have a 2nd rounder at CRA, Anyone have any tips or ideas of cases I may receive? What is the best way to go about preparing for the case interview? ...
Normal topic
SKYPE CASE PRACTICEHey, does anyone want to practice cases? I've been on WSO for awhile but I just created an account to see if there are other people looking to practice for case interviews. I have a lot of resources (case books, guides, etc.) and it would be cool to share. Preferably someone looking for summer analy...
Normal topic
Case practice through SkypeDear all, I'm currently seeking for a partner for preparing to written and verbal case interviews through Skype. In case anyone is interested in practicing and improving skills of cracking cases, please email me on [email protected] I'm available for 2-3 hours each evening. ...
Normal topic
Mock InterviewHey, Anyone available for Skype interviews later this week? Would really appreciate it. PM me. Thanks! ...
Hot topic
Do you get sick of traveling? I'm getting ready to start in July and I'm just curious as to how long my "I love travel" mindset is going to last. Obviously this is going to vary from person to person, but I'd like to hear some opinions for those that have them. ...
Normal topic
Breaking into firms with referralsWhich of the firms are easier to break in through referrals for full-time recruiting? Anyone have any experience? and for consulting does it matter office location to location? ...
Normal topic
Anyone know what this company does?Greetings, I was wondering what this company does specifically. They are called Market Maker 4, and their website is mm4.com. I know the term "Market Maker" is a trading term, however they say the specialize in sourcing among other things. Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...
Normal topic
Reaching out to recruiters vs consultantsWhen I reach out to consultants for networking, I usually ask them a few questions about their background, how they got into consulting, what they did to make themselves marketable, and suggestions for me, etc. When reaching out to alum who are recruiters at consulting firms, how should I approach t...
Normal topic
From Big 4 to Big 3Hi everybody. I have been working as a consultant at a Big 4 firm for approx 6 months. I plan to transfer to the Transaction Services group in 6-8 months. What do you guys think what would be my chances to get into McKinsey, Bain, Booz, etc. after a couple years working in TS? Has anybody done this?...
Normal topic
Super FundsHow superannuation funds can be an investment? ...
Normal topic
deletedelete plz ...
Normal topic
Company ID cardsI will get an ID card my first day of internship, do you have to wear these around you neck or.... ^ My thought now the question: Is it a standard thing for banks to hand ID cards to interns and do they wear em on a lanyard or just keep in wallet? ...
Normal topic
F500After getting my MBA from a target school circa 2016-17 (hopefully) I'm really interested in doing consulting (MBB) with eyes for ultimately exiting into a F500 role in operations or strategy. I have seen http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/mbb-vs-125000, but I have some additional questions about...
Normal topic
What is the difference between a M&A Consultant vs Corporate Finance ConsultantI have been researching Finance Advisory firms for the past few days. I have been reading several sites. Some say Corporate Finance and M&A are the same thing. Others say they are different. Can some please help answer this question. Here is the question again "What is the difference between a ...
Normal topic
MBB to PEWhat is the usual career trajectory of individuals transitioning from MBB/Booz to PE? If they have 3-4 years of post-MBA experience in an Engagement Manager role, what level would they come in at a PE firm? What would be their approximate compensation? ...
Normal topic
MBB Interview - Case In Point VS Case InterviewHey guys, So I have an MBB first round interview coming up in the next two weeks. I scoured the forums and came to find that the two most often cited resources to use were Case In Point and caseinterview.com I personally started with the latter and found it quite useful. I know that many people hav...
Normal topic
Ridiculously useful documents for MBB/Booz/Accenture etc. interview preparationHi, I found this 80-page document online (unfortunately post-interview) and, if it is not against the forum guidelines, I would love to share it with future BCG applicants on here. It contains extensive information on everything from the firm's general desciption to typical interview styles to wha...
Hot topic
Preparing for BCG interview. Possible?I have two interviews coming up with BCG on the same day in two weeks for a summer internship. At the interview, I will be presented case studies, just like any other consuling interview. I did some online research and I found that solving/tackling these case studies is extremely complicated as ther...

Pages