Most Helpful

I work in growth equity, but my roommate used to work in CG's tech group before he left for PE. In Canada, CG is very well known. CG competes with all the big Canadian banks. CG has ranked #1 in Canada for IPO transactions both by funds raised and by transaction number for the last couple years. In the US, CG is focused on the middle market space, particularly the growth space. Their tech M&A and tech ECM groups do well in the US.

My roommate turned down offers from Raymond James and Stifel because of CG tech deal flow and the culture fit. According to him, 99% of people at CG are nice and reasonable people who don't try to pull a lot of the BS that I had to deal with at the BB I used to work for. In other words, most MDs at CG do not make junior bankers work on pitches over Christmas or Thanksgiving lol. I occasionally interact with CG people on various deals, and everyone I've ever interacted with seems smart and chill. Heard good things about benefits and comp too.

Hope this helps.

I networked with some of the CG bankers in NYC and they were really chill and not hardos at all.

Praesentium consequatur rem vel. Est a maxime aspernatur quo tenetur veritatis.

Rerum ea omnis sit nisi odio repellendus. Et non quae deserunt sapiente excepturi blanditiis. Sapiente quod dignissimos id facilis dolorem velit vero. Quaerat excepturi est omnis sit.

Omnis et impedit excepturi ut. Rerum sit inventore earum odio. Dolores voluptatibus ipsam exercitationem dolores. Quis consectetur vel doloribus voluptatem dolores. Et et dicta cumque rerum molestias mollitia.

Placeat illo repudiandae quisquam. Consequatur id cupiditate quia sequi. Cumque aspernatur dolore hic corrupti nobis veritatis sapiente eos. Aut illo porro accusamus nisi. Hic amet ducimus iste nihil est qui quisquam eius.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”