What to do for SA 2025

Hi! Currently in the process of applying to roles for SA 2025, but no luck landing anything yet. How do I go about making sure I am finding every opportunity that has not opened up yet? Should I just check LinkedIn every day? Does anyone know specific banks that definitely have not opened up processes yet? Thanks. 

Search everywhere, not just linkedin. Most BB/EB filled their class already, but the only way to know is to get someone on the phone involved in recruiting from the firms that still have applications open. This late in the game you are going to need to be top of mind either way

Thoughts on working in a private capital advisory role at an advisory firm in summer 2025 and then trying to re-recruit for m&a? Is that a transition that is hard to justify or is it possible?

definitely possible, but not many banks recruit M&A FT because they usually just give return offers to their summer 2025 intern class. might be 1-3 spots available per bank, so network starting now

Yeah, that totally makes sense. I was actually thinking about re-recruiting for a bank that I already had a super day for, I really liked the people there and thought it would be a good fit for me. Is the fact that I have already had a super day not a good sign to them? Someone from my school has already reneged and they had a few spots for full time for 2024 which was why I thought it could be possible. 

a close bud of mine is a recruiter at a BB (MS, GS, JP), and they said that when you do a superday and don't get an offer, they will see that if they give you a superday in the future. usually, recruiters (if they actually do their job) will write comments as to why you didn't get the offer in your profile, and as long as it's not something serious you should be alright. keep in touch with your interviewers if the interview actually went well. pm me for anything further

Molestiae reprehenderit ullam amet laboriosam minima fugiat natus. Eligendi aut distinctio est voluptatibus. Placeat ut ipsam ipsum autem officiis. Sunt odio qui laboriosam iste quo excepturi laborum.

Sapiente autem velit est. Dolore reiciendis vel illo non veritatis pariatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”