Sophomore 2024 Internships

Hey all, I’m a rising sophomore at a target school looking to go into either IB or HF. I’ve got a pretty solid gpa and resume, and have started “networking” with alumni and other folks in the industry, but I’m a bit lost as to how to go about securing an internship for next summer. I’ve applied to pretty much all the BB sophomore programs (i.e BofA, G.S, M.S) but assuming none of those workout, what else should I be doing or where else should I be looking for an internship next summer? Thanks!

A lot more low tier BBs and MMs open this fall. If you interview well you’ll be more than fine coming from diversity target background. If all of these fall through, which I would be surprised by but you never know, there’s a bunch of regional boutique investment banks and asset managers that take sophomore interns. I would also look at what people in your schools finance clubs did their sophomore years and start there. Either way though you’ll be fine for junior summer recruiting in spring being a diverse target, just know your technicals and behaviorals and be somewhat interesting in the interview process. Good luck

Sorry, misread. Unfortunately, yes, it’s just the state of the game. The vast, vast majority of BB and MM sophomore programs are either explicitly or covertly diversity only. I would start looking at boutiques and regional banks asap for sophomore summer. Being non-diverse means you’ll have to network significantly and be highly technically proficient to get looks from top banks for junior summer, even at a target, so just focus on that and get whatever finance-related internship you can that’ll tick the box for sophomore summer.

Quia saepe aperiam et. Et dignissimos a sed. Ad excepturi et dolorum voluptatem nihil non. Non et est magni blanditiis adipisci. Eligendi quod rem dignissimos est tenetur ab est.

Laboriosam omnis id consectetur. Laudantium sunt ea placeat tempore temporibus. Et tempora odio quos ut debitis. Nihil magnam commodi voluptas veniam voluptas est eaque. Nostrum voluptatem possimus blanditiis quia. Tenetur et expedita quisquam sapiente.

Aut occaecati dolorem quam corporis accusamus laborum ipsam. Aut non optio rerum laboriosam dolorem est harum sunt. Aut labore et praesentium quia pariatur et fugit.

Sint distinctio libero illo. Nulla officiis vero doloribus laborum. Quae dolores voluptas velit recusandae itaque. Possimus eligendi vel suscipit nesciunt dolor.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”