NYC Employers Required to Post Salary Ranges as of April 2022

Have you guys heard of this? Could save a lot of time when job searching with this info...

https://www.dwt.com/blogs/employment-labor-and-be…

Edit: Actually it'll be implemented in May

https://www.gibsondunn.com/new-york-city-enacts-p…

Somewhat related question - what type of raises are you guys seeing this year? The usual, or higher than normal due to wage growth / labor shortage 

Given the comp structures in finance, the fact that very few jobs get posted publicly, and the fact that the law doesn’t define “salary”, this is pretty much a non-event for the industry.

99% of junior and mid-level roles have a roughly low-six-figure base that you can ballpark based on firm profile (and half of them the numbers are distributed enough online that you know it outright)… knowing the range is $150k-$200k instead of $100k-$150k would be it’s nice and all (ceteris paribus would rather have more base), but my bonus is a multiple of my base and my carry is a multiple of that. Presumably neither of those are being published, and having a base at $200k vs $150k (or $110k vs $100k) is very rarely the deciding factor. 

Beyond that, most finance jobs go through recruiters and never get posted publicly, and you usually have a sense of comp just by asking upfront

Unde aliquam maiores at placeat quo repellendus sint. Maxime nemo et voluptas omnis. Qui repudiandae iusto et et molestiae deleniti voluptate vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 06 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”