Most Helpful

Here's some quick and dirty info I pulled up on this deal (all from CoStar/ educated guesses so take with a grain of salt). Using one project 7523 Southlake Pky in Morrow GA as an example. 

Context:

• Brought from High Street in December 2020, total portfolio size of 10.3MM and $835MM PP.
  • Building is 137,842 SF older product (1988 construction), leased to XPO on a 5-year lease in early 2020. Don't have the exact comp but guessing are $4-4.50 PSF rent and 3% escalations, that's pretty in line with the market at this time (too lazy to find the real comp).   
  • PP allocated to this project of $9MM ($65.29 PSF), debt of $6,104,730 (68% LTC, pretty typical)
    • Implies a going in cap rate of about 6.5%, equity of $2,895,270
    • Replacement cost is probably about $10 above PP, checks that box
  • Fast forward to today, allocated PP is $12.9MM ($93.58 PSF, replacement cost is about $110 or so) sold to Exeter. 
  • Rent is mid to high $4s, 2 years remaining on the lease. Market is probably more like low to mid $8s 
    • Implies exit cap of low 5s for KKR, 2.3x equity multiple for KKR. Exeter's buying for below replacement cost with near term WALT and significantly below market rents. Everyone wins!

Again, quick and dirty, but that's basically how I see it. Hard to not have made money with the insane rent growth we've seen since COVID. 

How in the world is the buyer “winning” if they are buying real estate at a yield that is barely above a risk free 10 year treasury?

My comment was a little tongue in cheek to be fair, but that ~5 cap for Exeter is based on the current lease rate. With the near-term WALT, there counting on a significant mark to market after the current lease expiration. Ignoring TI's, LC, lease up period, etc. to keep it simple: If the sign a near lease in the space at $8.25 (probably about where it would trade in 2-years, assuming avg. rent growth) that's about an 8.8% YoC. Again, vastly oversimplifying here, but that the basic logic behind a play like this. I personally think we'll see some rent stabilization and lease up periods extend, which could put pressure on the thesis but there does seem to be a decent margin of safety here with how below market rents are.

Quis possimus voluptas cumque animi modi praesentium veniam. Sunt sed omnis numquam quidem est qui. Suscipit aut et placeat doloremque inventore. In dicta rerum sit ullam cum facere aut. Dolor et distinctio voluptatem earum repellat.

Voluptatem voluptatum a excepturi ut ad. A nemo dolorem enim quia enim qui rem. Sit nisi voluptatibus earum. Incidunt eius perspiciatis blanditiis blanditiis illum et quo quasi.

Sequi consequatur delectus quia consectetur fuga. Distinctio sit odio laudantium et neque asperiores quibusdam. Voluptates totam aut facilis sit illo sequi. Numquam ipsam est sed.

Voluptatibus quia reiciendis in eos ipsa dignissimos aut. At deserunt id suscipit et doloribus ducimus eveniet facere. Occaecati suscipit asperiores aut est delectus hic nemo pariatur. Corrupti alias molestiae distinctio expedita velit. Nulla facere fugiat sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 19 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (22) $375
  • Associates (93) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (69) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (149) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”