MSRED 2022

Didn't see any posts on this for this years cycle. Which schools have you applied to? Any preferences? 

I've read through the 2020/2021 megathreads for some guidance while working on applications for the Jan 15 Deadline. I noticed there wasn't one for the 2022 app cycle! Where has everyone applied to? Stats? Any inside info on the these programs : NYU/Columbia/MIT/UCBerkeley/USC?

Most Helpful

I heard USC is the best program for the west coast! NYU I heard is more finance focused and Columbia is more development/architecture focused. Columbia decisions are expected to come out around March 10 I believe based on speaking with admissions. 

USC is the best program on the west coast! I didn't apply there though because they don't accept anyone without like 5 years of full time work experience, and here I am with a couple internships.

Speaking of Harvard, I was/still am pretty annoyed that they stopped the MDes program with the Real Estate track! Which program were you interested at Harvard? 

I briefly looked at that program but realized it was more design focused and decided not to apply as I am looking for programs that are more business focused. Another user mentioned they were pausing the program to redesign the curriculum. Not sure if that’s true but maybe they will open it up again in a year or so. 

I think they plan to send them out next week. Last year they did them in random batches so I guess they did that again this year! Best of luck everyone 

I got rejected from MIT. 

Here is an excerpt which they sent to me: We review each application individually in depth and detail.  In your case, we thought we should let you know that we very much liked your application and would have liked to offer you admittance, but were unable to do so because of a particular concern related to the length and clarity of your professional experience and goals.  We would like to encourage you to consider reapplying to the MSRED program for a future class, should your career plans continue to evolve in a manner that you feel would be appropriate.

“Congratulations! On behalf of the admissions committee I am delighted to inform you that you have been admitted to the M.S. Real Estate Development program at Columbia University's Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation for the 2022-2023 academic year. You have distinguished yourself among a group of highly-qualified applicants with a strong and thoughtful application, and I believe that the culture and teaching at Columbia GSAPP will be a particularly good match for your curiosity, skill, and aspiration.” -columbias letter 

This is gonna sound ridiculous but did anyone get like acceptance swag from the programs they applied to? I don’t care if not but it would be nice since applications were so expensive haha 

Ut perspiciatis perferendis hic nobis illum. Aspernatur perferendis accusamus qui similique. Amet iste similique consequatur porro qui fugit sed. At dolore unde qui in sint occaecati assumenda.

Occaecati voluptatem aut qui vero voluptatem ut. Veniam maxime atque minima impedit. Blanditiis et facere architecto quasi.

Sunt numquam tenetur deleniti nostrum odio sunt. Est qui maxime aperiam minima sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 18 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (90) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”