Capital One Powerday - Business Analyst 2024

Hi everyone! I have my Powerday for the Business Analyst role at Capital One coming up. The interview involves two business cases and one product case. I'm really lost on what resources would be the best to use for this interview besides the ones already provided to us. For those who went through the Powerday recently or have done it in the past, how was it and how did you prepare for both the product and business cases? Also, how were the behavioral questions they ask at the start of each interview? I would appreciate any advice you all may have for me. Thanks so much!

Most Helpful

My bad. Formal ass post so it was funny. To the poster, I went through the Powerday and got an offer. To prepare, I got super familiar with using algebraic frameworks. I would recommend you do so as well. The conceptual framework is good, but they asked a few quantitative questions early and it was super helpful to break it down into equations. Crafting Cases has a video about the topic. Make sure you can communicate your math while doing it. I made an error but since I was saying my thought process out loud, my interviewer asked me to confirm and I found the mistake. I didn't practice this too much, but I would just explain what I was doing any time I did a practice math problem. Also, they give you a case partner to work with before your powerday. Pester your partner for feedback and tips. After working through the case with an actual analyst, you will have a way better idea of where to improve.

Did you get an email from the recruiter to schedule a call about powerday results for your offer?

Numquam ut et cumque. Dicta suscipit consequatur repudiandae. Unde dolores nostrum repudiandae ea pariatur deleniti quisquam minima. Quas et autem harum unde. Quaerat debitis in omnis quo vero placeat.

Sed dolorum autem eveniet cum sunt. Non perferendis et est itaque voluptatem animi consequatur et. Ut et sit ut optio. Dolor quia eius aliquid est ut non sed.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Boston Consulting Group (BCG) 98.3%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • Cornerstone Research 98.9%
  • McKinsey and Co 97.7%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.2%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Consulting

• Bain & Company 99.4%
  • McKinsey and Co 98.9%
  • Oliver Wyman 97.7%
  • LEK Consulting 97.2%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Consulting

• Partner (4) $368
  • Principal (25) $277
  • Director/MD (55) $270
  • Vice President (47) $246
  • Engagement Manager (100) $226
  • Manager (152) $170
  • 2nd Year Associate (158) $140
  • Senior Consultant (331) $130
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (108) $130
  • Consultant (587) $119
  • 1st Year Associate (538) $119
  • NA (15) $119
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (146) $115
  • Engineer (6) $114
  • 2nd Year Analyst (344) $103
  • Associate Consultant (166) $98
  • 1st Year Analyst (1048) $87
  • Intern/Summer Associate (188) $84
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (552) $67
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”