Silver BananaTopicAuthorRepliesFreshnesssort ascending
Looking to Change Industries...Help!!!!I have been in medical recruiting for the better part of a year. I graduated from my MBA program almost two years ago, and given how difficult the job market was down here in South Florida was, spent my first year between two temporary positions before finding a full-time one last summer. Don't get ...
jzabl001
02 years 8 months ago
still no pwm intern offerany advice on getting a pwm internship. I'm a freshmen at rutgers. ...
FINANCE975
72 years 8 months ago
Should I take the new offer?So friends, I have doled out some of my wisdom, I'm now looking for a little perspective back. I am entering my final year of a 3 year FLDP. I've been pretty fed up with the process at this point simply because I don't find the work challenging, interesting, or rewarding. So i've been networking an...
AllDay_028
72 years 8 months ago
Avoiding An Early Career PlateauI feel like I have reached a plateau in terms of growth after 1.5 years as a Credit Analyst at a Large Bank (BoA, WF, Citi). I am actively networking and interviewing, but have come across a dilemma: A similar job title but more career development and responsibilities at a small/regional bank or ...
JTmonkee
22 years 8 months ago
Management Consulting vs AMSo this is a random question. But can someone compare these two industries. I have an offer from both and I know i should pick the one I like but as a graduating senior who hasn't worked in either industry before I don't know where to start. What is the pay like moving up the ladder at these industr...
pointlesspodium
12 years 8 months ago
+2
How To Craft Your Resume For Each Of The Wall Street BanksThoughts on the article? Is it good or accurate advice? Terribly off? You tell me - I just thought it was interesting and could help some people here If you want to work in banking but are uncertain as to what the biggest banks look for when they hire, we may have some answers for you. We've combed...
CRE
92 years 8 months ago
geeko
92 years 8 months ago
Multiple positions in same school club?Hi! Resume question here For a certain college club I'm very involved in, I was just a member of the club for about a semester, but afterwards had 2 leadership positions, one more important than the other. How should i represent all my experience with the club? I don't want to list everything (memb...
littlebitconfuzzled
42 years 9 months ago
New User QuestionHey guys, I've been reading here for a while but finally decided to make an account. I know this is a stupid question but I'm hoping for some real answers in between the ones calling me a troll. I'm a freshman at a semi target and in late March emailed an alumni at GS that is a MD and I think a par...
lynn K
132 years 9 months ago
Networking through alumniI have been trying for months to secure an interview at a bank for IB, I am interested in energy banking because I have some background in O&G. I'm moving to Houston to gain more industry experience, and to try to get into an IB firm that specializes in O&G. I recently was scanning a firm's ...
ZMC112889
32 years 9 months ago
BB PWM and Boutique IB InternshipHi Monkeys, I have been interning at a local boutique IB for a year now. It has been a great, albeit unpaid, experience. I may have a paid internship opportunity in PWM for a BB, and I am wondering if I should take it while continuing to work for the IB. My MD has never cared about face time and all...
watdo
92 years 9 months ago
Undergrad -> International Organization -> MBA -> Finance/Consulting?Hi, I have been reading multiple threads at these forums and found out that most career paths were pretty much cookie cutter. Ivy/Ivy-Plus undergrad -> 2~3 years of work (associate at MBB or BB IBD or small boutique) -> MBA -> then career change (into HF or PE or more Consulting... or Silic...
bmbgmjm
42 years 9 months ago
BlackRock PMG...interview prepHave an interview with BlackRock's Portfolio Management Group Any interview tips or general wisdom you would like to pass along? Any help is much appreciated ...
Johnson
12 years 9 months ago
Alvarez & Marsal Interview - how do I prepare?I have a final round superday with A&M coming up this Friday. I have little management consulting experience, have been more focused in finance (interned at BB in equity research) Does anyone have any insight into A&M recruiting/interview process, culture, etc.?? Thanks very much. ...
ehroths
12 years 9 months ago
+1
Sample LBO model test and keyDear Monkeys, I have 1 model test to interview KKR next week. But I am from literature background. Any one has a sample model test and key for me to study? Many Thanks! ...
jchenbcp
22 years 9 months ago
Switching CareerHello I have been working with one of the Big 4 accounting firm as a tax consultant for almost 3 years. I want to switch my career to investment banking. How do I get a job in this industry? Please note that I am not looking into MBA until another 2/3 years. ...
sunshineandshine
22 years 9 months ago
Network my way to New YorkWith 1.5 yrs Credit Analyst at large bank (BoA, Wells Fargo, etc.) and 1.5 yrs combined miscellaneous financial analyst role in non-financial services industry, would that be enough to make a move out of DC to NY in a credit role in Asset Management or a HF? I don't feel like I would be taken seriou...
JTmonkee
62 years 9 months ago
CS Degree for Finance?Hello, I am currently an EECS major finishing my 2nd year. I would like to ask what specific areas of CS can be applied to working on the tech side of finance (building trading systems). I would guess that classes in databases might be useful, but how about AI, security, networking, or algorithms? A...
redsweek
22 years 9 months ago
Advice ASAP: Boutique Offer, waiting on BBYesterday (Friday), I received an offer from a boutique investment bank that leads in its space. Meanwhile, I've been interviewing with a bulge bracket. Both are associate positions. I finished final rounds with the bulge bracket a week and a half ago. Early this week, they contacted my references. ...
elephantastic
112 years 9 months ago
Business Careers With Work/Life Balance and Upper Middle Class Lifestyle?Just curious, what are some careers in finance that will offer a good, upper-middle class lifestyle while still providing a decent work-life balance at the same time? I'm obviously not expecting to make 150k+ and only work 9-5, but are there career paths out there that will allow you to eventually t...
wannabeconsultant
132 years 9 months ago
Help! Equity Research Internship vs. PWM AnalystI have two offers right now. 1) A summer ER Internship at an Elite Boutique. 2) PWM Analyst at BB. FYI I have already graduated. ER Internship: a. Better skill set. b. ER is the industry I want to get into. c. Could be a could stepping stone to FT gig. d. Greater risk, but much greater long term re...
CrashDavis12
142 years 9 months ago
duplicate postduplicate post ...
geeko
02 years 9 months ago
Networking in a Different CityI was wondering if anyone on WSO had any experience networking in a different city. Is it possible to cold network your way into a different city purely with phone calls and emails? Or would you have to physically make trips out for lunch, drinks, etc.? ...
Brouhaha
42 years 9 months ago
Is there no hope for me?I graduated in 2008 from a top 5 small liberal arts school with a BA in economics. I learned to speak Japanese fluently and spent several years over there in Tokyo after college working on my own projects on the computer. I made some money as an entrepreneur through the computer but that has died of...
7notas7colores
92 years 9 months ago
Leaving your group short staffedTeam is very short staffed right now. If I leave for another group/firm, this will obviously create some resentment, even if I did a great job. During the interview or for future job searches, will my new/potential employers call my old ones for references? I know that technically I can sue for a ba...
confused23
72 years 9 months ago

Pages

WallStreet Prep Master Financial Modeling