TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Another Email Topic! I'm currently interning at a boutique investment management firm, and this week I'm traveling through NYC attending meetings with the CIO so that I can more closely observe the business. Today we met with a financial adviser VP of a well known BB firm. I'm drafting a thank you email to send to the V...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Summer Analyst Conversion to Full-Time By Bank?Anyone have numbers for GS, MS, JPM, CS, DB, BarCap, C, BAML, UBS, etc. from 2012 or rough estimates on retention ratios? Just curious. Thanks. ...
Normal topic
Emailing a recruiter I'm taking a leave of absence for spring-summer-fall terms. It was a bit of a rushed decision so I didn't have time to plan exactly what I'd do during my year off or apply to jobs. I've completed first semester of my junior year. I live in a suburban area, so although opportunities do exist, not as ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Boutique PE vs. BB Middle Office?Hi all, I know this question seems like a no-brainer, but read on, please. I'm a fresher with zero prior modeling or finance experience. I've recently received an offer from a boutique PE firm ( On the other hand, I'm on the brink of receiving an offer from a BB in a middle office role (financial an...
Normal topic
Interview questionHi - I interviewed at small asset management firm a few weeks ago and received a rejection letter today. I was wondering if it's acceptable to email the recruiter asking for feedback on how I interviewed so I can better prepare myself for upcoming on-campus interviews. ...
Normal topic
How do you feel about Goldman's Salt Lake City Office?An acquaintance of mine offered to introduce me to someone fairly high up at the GS SLC office But I'm not sure if it's even worth taking the time to meet him. I have heard some horror stories about working there (it is all back office grunt work and the pay is crap.). However, it may be a decent b...
Normal topic
Financial Modeling Knowledge Necessary?I am looking to break into Senior FP&A role in a F500, specifically in the tech industry. I spent 4 years in Big4, reaching Senior Associate level, and have my CPA. Ideally, I am looking for FP&A roles that do not simply support the accounting division with monthly closes, reconciliations, ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Using IBD Acronym in a cover letter?On the listing for an investment banking division compliance analyst job on my school's OCR website, the listing uses IBD Compliance after writing it out once. Should I do the same in my cover letter or just write it out throughout the letter? Thanks in advance. ...
Normal topic
Credit Suisse SA Private Funds GroupI have a first round SA phone interview today for credit suisse private funds group. Has anyone had an interview with PFG before, or has any insight into the position. Thanks! ...
Normal topic
Are internships supposed to be minimum wage?This is kind of ranty (sorry): I recently completed an IB internship at a prominent MM IB... While money wasn't an issue, it was a fast hiring process and they basically hired us with the premise of an ambiguously "paid" position. We assumed that it would be, at the very least, slightly below market...
Normal topic
Too late for nyc sa applications?I have been preparing to apply for a lot of NYC SA positions. However I read the NYC SA recruiting thread yesterday and became worried. Is it to late to apply to most firms already? ...
Normal topic
Great stats, rejected everywhere, now what?Background: 3.9 GPA at target school, majoring in computer science and business. Some work experience. Problem: I applied for all of the IB OCR companies, and wasn't invited to any of the 8 interviews I requested. Is there anything I can/should do now? Besides apply to other firms... ...
Normal topic
Internships to break into MBBWhat internships should I target during my undergrad years if I hope to break into MBB afterwards? I'm from a target btw Between working as an intern for a consulting firm overseas with a huge name in Asia but not in the US, a F100 finance/strat role domestically, and a BB PWM, which would be be bes...
Normal topic
am I the backup candidate? I was told by the hiring manager that they narrowed down to two people and I am one of them. they asked me to have coffee with the person who was in that position and confirm with them that joining the firm is a long term career decision for me ( I moved around a bit). So I did and also sent an ema...
Normal topic
Forex SalesHi monkeys, I searched high and low and could not find the information I was looking for, so I'm hoping someone could shed some light on this subject. I'm currently at a boutique Research shop on the sales side. At the moment I am in a support role, however, am expecting to be placed onto the actua...
Normal topic
Bank of America Global Risk Management InternshipThis is my first time posting in wall street oasis. I'm curious to know if anyone is familiar with BofA's global risk management internship program and if so, what will I be doing and is the pay pretty good. Also it would be awesome if anyone had a contact in the company in this division. I'd like t...
Normal topic
DeleteDELETE ...
Normal topic
Is there any chance I can still get an internship?So I've been home from college the past month and have had a few interviews at MM IBs the past two weeks. Two of the the interviews started out as informal but kind of turned into an actual interview. At the place I want to work, the guy seemed really eager to help me out in my career path. He said ...
0 n/a
Hot topic
PhilosophyIs Philosphy look highly upon by recruiters in equity research and hedge funds? Philosophy is no doubt the quintessential humanities major and it can really train one to think extremely critically. Thus it seems like an easily transferable skill to ER or HF. However what may seems to be true may not...
Normal topic
zzzzz....... ...
Normal topic
Is this "Portfolio Managment" Job posting Front Office or MOSaw a great posting for a position for the large bank I work for but this posting almost seems like it is not telling the whole thing. Its in a location that is known usually for support roles which makes me question it. I thought I would post it and let WSO decide. What do you think? Is this a rol...
0 n/a
Normal topic
How to handle rejections?Hi all, first post - Last week I got dinged by a bank that I was really interested in. Networked with some analysts there and thought I clicked well with my interviewer. Unfortunately, I wasn't selected to move on. I felt like shit (and still do, sort of) since it was a bank I really liked from the ...
Normal topic
Is Working For A Discount Broker A Resume Killer??I know it's not the ideal place to start, but I've been working for a discount broker for 3 years in a couple of different roles. I spent one year in customer service, but have been working in the company's fixed income department for the last two years. We get to make recommendations for clients al...
Normal topic
Is this suit alright for information sessions and/or interviews?I recently bought this suit which fits great and looks excellent to me. However after showing it to a couple friends I was told that it may not be conservative enough for banking. Here is the suit in question: http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv... Take a look at the zoomed-in pictur...
Normal topic
Recent Graduate Trying to Break Into Prop TradingThe topic title says it all. Let me keep it short and simple and if you guys need any more information I will answer posts asap. I'm recently got my BA in Business Administration & Finance from NYIT with a 3.52 GPA. I have some work experience, but not really related to prop trading. I gradu...

Pages