Pages

TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Hot topic
Take Exploding Offer, or Decline & Go for OCR?Junior at a target. I have an exploding IBD offer with a BB (think CS/BAML/BarCap) in the NY office. Not my top choice, but would still be happy there. I'm interested in specific industry groups, and this BB is not tops for any of them. People are great, though, which makes me hesitant to declin...
Normal topic
Study Abroad or InternshipHi, I'm currently a freshman at a good target (Cornell, Duke, Dartmouth) with a 3.9 GPA. I'm planning on majoring in Economics and Comp Sci. I hope to eventually get a full time offer in PE or IB. This summer I was planning on taking two Econ classes to finish up the core and open all of the electiv...
Normal topic
Would this experience be helpful in my CVIm freshman who have opportunity to work in a no-name little private asset management firm as a part-time sales assistant/intern. Basically my jobs would be cold-calling potential customers. So basicallly I would be just glorified telemarketer. How good this would look in my CV. Would it help to get...
Normal topic
Emailing an Alum for Interview AdviceHave an upcoming interview and was curious... If the alum I found on LinkedIn doesnt check his profile often, is it appropriate to email their work email address if you know the format and domain? (Interview is with his firm) I would be hoping to get a clearer picture of the interview process and st...
Hot topic
WTF does HR do all day long?A group that is trying to hire me has been waiting on HR to authorize adding a staffer for over a week. Why does it take HR so long to make a simple yes/no decision? Serious question. ...
Normal topic
Applying to firms . Tis the season.Hi guys, Could some of you provide me with some experienced insight on whether or not applying to firms at this time of year (more specifically the next two weeks) would be ineffective. Would it be to my benefit to network these next two weeks and start applying Jan 2nd? I appreciate the help. Ch...
Normal topic
H-1B IssueI have a question. I hope you guys can help me. I'm currently on OPT that expires in Feb 15, 2013... After Feb 15, 2013, I would have 60 days grace period to leave the U.S. 60 days grace period ends in April 15, 2013... My company said they will apply H-1B for me in April 1, 2013 for work starting i...
Normal topic
Request to meet up? or just take the phone interviewI have a S&T interview coming up, since its winter break I'm back hone. However the person that's interviewing me works in the same city as my home. Should i request to meet him face to face? Or should I just take the phone interview? Pros of meeting up - More personal - Shows more interest Cons...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Meeting with mentor over a coffee hey, I am looking for advise on what kind of questions I can prepare for a meeting over a coffee with my mentor. She was my manager in the past she has assisted me earlier in my career as well. I have scheduled a meeting with her in the new year I wanted to to find out what kind of questions I shoul...
Normal topic
.. ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
How to proceed? I emailed a college alumni on job opportunities in banking (on Monday afternoon). He quickly wrote back, told me that I have a strong resume, and encouraged me to join his firm. He told me that he will brainstorm opportunities with his colleague. (on Monday afternoon) I quickly wrote back telling hi...
Normal topic
Graduate Non-Degree GPA on Resume?I am taking a few graduate level courses in the Spring semester, both to supplement my CFA studies (which I'm scheduled to take in June), as well as to show my commitment and knowledge towards this career path. Now, I'm applying as a graduate non-degree student as I'm not interested in committing to...
Normal topic
GET OUT NOW!This website is run by people who can't cut it on the street or in business. Ever wonder what happens to fired traders? They make websites that and display their "experience." ...
Normal topic
2nd Major in PoliSci: worth it? Hi. I'm currently a second-year student at University of Chicago. I am for sure majoring in economics and am thinking about also completing the political science major. Would having the 2nd major in polisci increase my job prospects, not in solely finance or consulting but just in general? My parent...
Normal topic
GPA FOR PWMHi Im currently a freshmen at rutgers university. I just finished my first semester with a 2.9 gpa. Is it still possible to get a PWM internship in the summer? They do only look at your first semester gpa right ? thanks ...
Normal topic
Can a senior refer people for internship even if he is leaving the firm?Hi, I was in contact with a senior regarding my resume and career opportunity. He was indeed very helpful for me through e-mails and we ended up arranged a meet up to discuss more over coffee. However, I have realized that he is leaving the current firm for another one, would you think it is appropr...
Normal topic
SA networking trip in Mid-JanuaryFrom a non target - Already went once in the summer and once in the fall. I'm really trying to do as much as I can to land a 1st round interview. I know some of the 1st round interviews and even superdays will have passed by the middle of January, but would it still be worth it to fly back up and t...
Hot topic
IBD in London/EuropeHey all! I'm at a target in London and am applying for summer internship positions within IBD for Summer 2013. Just wondering if there are any willing current/former/future interns/analysts/associates and beyond who are currently working within IBD in London (or Europe) who could take a few minutes...
Normal topic
GS Credit Risk Any insight on the summer analyst interview process for the Credit Risk group in the Finance division? What types of questions do you think this group would ask? ...
Normal topic
Referral from a prior MD at Deutsche BankGreetings to all monkey and primate fellows! So let me get the question straight: With my mother's connection, I was somehow able to pass on my resume to her VP ex-boss, who in turn further passed it to his friend, who was a WM MD at DS and now working at TD. So I was wondering if that would increas...
Normal topic
Is age an issue? If so, what age becomes a barrier to entry to IB? As I haven't seen much talk on this topic I was wondering, what age becomes an obstacle when applying to an IB. My previous work includes accounts management, branding, pricing and sales. I've also managed to turn a failing business around within 1 year and I'm currently working on a startup whilst...
Normal topic
Algo Senior Project SuggestionsHi all, I'm in a somewhat unusual predicament. I'm a student in my final year at the University of California Santa Barbara and my major is Computer Science. In CS we have an optional senior project which involves companies presenting projects they need completed, either as a proof of concept or pro...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Physics major breaking inI'm a sophomore physics major at a Big Ten with finance and math minors. I'm interested in how I might break into financial jobs and away from the sciences. I imagine on paper, I'm best suited for quant type stuff, but honestly I'm more interested in S&T from my limited perspective. Is quant my ...
Normal topic
Account executive at yelp?Is it a good bschool feeder job? Is it a good job if I want to go into finance? Does anyone have any idea on salary/bonus for account executive (VP / Director level) at Yelp? ... ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
societe generale internship adviceDoes anyone have a idea how the summer investment banking internship at societe generale New York is like? ...

Pages