TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
Adding people you networked with on Linkedin...Ive had informational/networking calls with some people in the past and would like to add them on LinkedIn to expand my network. I am just not sure what I should indicate our connection to be when sending the request. We didnt go to the same school, dont work at the same firm, didnt do any business ...
Normal topic
Advice for international student aiming for unpaid Winter internship Hey guys, I am an international student and am in the process of sending out mass emails to IBs to see if they are willing to take on an unpaid intern for the winter session (Dec/Jan - 4 weeks). The goal is to impress them and perhaps land a summer SA position. However, I am on an F1 visa. I have a...
Normal topic
Applying without networking?Does it ever happen that someone gets an interview at a BB after just applying online on their website, with zero networking? when? thanks ...
Normal topic
SA Help: UBS vs. BNP vs. MM IBHi guys. I've been searching through here for awhile, but finally need some advice for my own path. I'm from a decent semi-target and have been fortunate enough to get a few summer analyst offers through either OCR or alumni networking. Here are my 3 offers to consider (all in New York): 1. UBS ECM ...
Normal topic
Essentials to include in a 'catch up' email?I was wondering on what to include in an email to keep in touch with employees in a bank that I interned at last summer. Just some questions I had: (1): What are the best keep-in-touch subject lines? (2): How do I start the email? ex. "Hi, how is everything going on? I hope all is well, etc." (3): W...
Normal topic
International student at target wondering how to land an internshipHi everyone! I am an international sophomore student at a target school trying to find an internship this summer. I did a consulting internship last year in China and want a finance internship this year. However, i am worried because taking a paid internship in America takes time off my OPT. However...
Normal topic
Hitting a networking jackpotI recently had a phone conversation with a good friend of my dad's from college. This buddy of my dad's was a finance undergrad who ended up going into i-banking at a BB (back in the 90's) and has since worked his way up the chain at said BB, received an MBA and PHD, and then worked as an executive ...
Normal topic
BB risk management vs reputable boutique/MM IBDI realize the brand name at the BB is big, but how far does that take you with exits like PE/VC and chances of getting into a good b school, as compared to IBD at a top boutique/MM in NYC? ...
Normal topic
Blackstone M&A vs. Goldman Investment BankingHave offers from both and need advice on which to choose. This is for a summer analyst position. I understand Blackstone advisory wasn't doing to well last year, but they did just score a spot advising Microsoft on the Yahoo deal. ...
Normal topic
Has anyone gone down to NY to network from Canada? Any tips?Just wondering, scheduled some meetings for this week. Thanks! ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Thank You Email- Highlighting errorSo I wrote thank you emails to my interviewers, but a certain word was highlighted each time it was written out within the last paragraph. The reason why I even noticed this was that on my iPhone it's pretty noticeable but on gmail on my computer you can very faintly see it. Is this a big deal? If s...
Normal topic
First year law student, any point in applying for analyst jobs targeted at UGs for the summer?Hello everyone, just joined here, been lurking on and off for a while. Anyway I'm a first year student at at T14 law school looking for a summer job. I'm 99% sure I want to do 5-8 in biglaw then move into finance (assuming I don't make partner...) I did fairly well grade wise my first semester (ro...
Normal topic
Looking to move into IB - MBA with energy experienceFor the past five years I have been in the Oil and Gas industry on the E&P side. Although I handle A&D, I do so in a non-finance / banking capacity. Non-Business undergrad at a top 25 public school, and I am nearing the completion of my MBA (concentrated in Energy Finance) at a private schoo...
0 n/a
Normal topic
commercial banking-SuperdayHi, I have an upcoming Superday for commercial banking. Has anyone been through this ? What type of questions should I expect? Does anyone know what technical questions they might ask? ...
Normal topic
Getting into "Spring week"Is there anyone who has done something called "spring week"? I currently study in Sweden and the main city of banking close to here is London. I'm just on my first semester of studys so im not applying for SA yet (should I?) Does anyone have any pointers on what to put in a cover letter? CV? Is the...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Corporate Paralegal looking for something newI'm a corporate paralegal for a V10 firm in New York. While the pay is great (thanks to overtime) for a first job after college, I'm not sure that I want to go to law school. Unfortunately, my grades (3.4, Economics and Political Science, top 30 private university) aren't awesome and now that I'm n...
Normal topic
How to pick the best job offer for continued growth.Hi, I'm junior at a Canadian university studying computer science & statistics with no significant prior experience. I've been trying to break into finance for a few months now. Fortunately, this year I got: Summer offer from a BB in their application technology group 1-year offer from a Canadia...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Can I escape this back office trap?Little background on myself. Mid 20s and got a degree in finance, MBA, and MS in Finance in 6 years consecutive from a generic public business school. Weak GPA of 3.12. As part of MS in Finance, I finished with a 4 month internship in regional wealth management capacity, which I loved and was ask...
Hot topic
Normal topic
whether to start a CFA at the age of 35...?Hello, Hope I am coming to the right place for this question, which bothered me for months. I am 35, had been in payment industry for 5+ years, financial institution but not bank, engaged in operating risk management. I had been considering starting CFA for career development. However, my current j...
Normal topic
deleteddelete ...
0 n/a
Normal topic
How do you reject an interview you want to do?I accepted an SA offer from a mid-tier investment bank a few weeks ago (it was the only offer I had). I've just found out that I have been granted first-round interviews with 2 top-tier firms, to which I had applied at the beginning of the year (I guess I was quite low on the alternate list...). I'd...
Normal topic
Does Bloomberg have info info on boutiques like capital IQ?I have access to Bloomberg at school, but I haven't used it much. Is there a way to see a list of investment banks in certain cities via bloomberg? ...
Normal topic
S&T rookie mistakesI've been second rounded for a couple of BB firms, and I really want to land a gig as a SA. questions for any experienced S&T interviewer: whats the worst thing you've seen an interviewee do? whats a common trap interviewee's fall into? ...
Normal topic
Getting rejected/how do you get internships and jobs?!I'm a junior, taking a leave of absence due to a minor health reason (I've completed first semester of my third year, and took a leave beginning spring semester) I wanted to gain some experience while not in school, so I applied to a few internships I found online - through Indeed, Monster, etc. I'v...

Pages