TopicRepliesLast replysort ascending
Normal topic
A networking dream-list!hi everyone! I have just registered on WSO, but I've been lurking around for a while... I have a question for all of you monkeys out there. I'll be soon graduating, and I am starting to look for a job in banking At the moment, I am interning in a company that organizes networking events for executi...
Normal topic
BB OCR interviewi've got an interview with a BB for SA Corporate Client Banking but i've never done an interview on campus & and its only 30 minutes. Any comments on how technical its going to be? and if it is technical, how difficult? ...
Normal topic
.. ...
Normal topic
Freight TradingAnyone here do freight trading or in the freight/shipping industry? I've been networking with a friend's father, but am looking for more insight on the industry. Also, he told me to contact someone. Just got the email today, Friday. Is it ever appropriate to email on the weekends, especially not kn...
Normal topic
Finance education in CanadaHello. I am a 2nd year Finance student at a University in Canada. My goal upon graduation is to get an investment analyst or research analyst position. I understand this is a very competitive field which is why I'm always trying to put myself ahead of the competition. My end goal is to become an ins...
Normal topic
Finance in AfricaJust wanted to see if there is any interest in finance (M&A advisory, Mid-cap PE, corporate finance) type careers in Africa? There is both strong demand and growth within all of these areas as well as generally in corporates across the continent. -- enquiries at continentalrecruit dot com ...
Normal topic
Who else is snowed in?Hey guys, here my problem. I am snowed in right now, there is 38 inches of snow in my driveway and the street. My town hasn't even begun to plow the roads since the plows are to small and there is a limited number of front loaders. I have a super day at a BB tomorrow (monday) and two interviews wit...
Normal topic
How long should I wait to follow up with my old boss?I sent my old boss (a PM) an e-mail earlier this week regarding internships for this summer, and he hasn't responded yet. This is surprising, as he has always responded to my e-mails within one day...except for this time. Any thoughts on how (and when) I should follow up? I want to move into a ne...
Normal topic
unable to find a first jobI graduated from a top 20 business school with a finance major. I don't have any experience except a school job. I didn't do any internships. The only thing I have is a high GPA. I am not great with networking or socializing with the professionals. I've been searching for my first job for months and...
Normal topic
SocGen vs. Nomura vs. Blackrock vs. JP Morgan I have SA offers from mid-tier international investment banks (SocGen, Nomura), and offers at top-level asset management firms (portfolio management at Blackrock, equity research at JP Morgan Investment Management). My FT career goal is actually neither of the above - I would like to be a management...
Normal topic
Understating Work Experience (for background check)I was asked to provide past work experience in the last 5 years. Can I only state those recent 2-3 experience listed on the CV? I prefer not to list meaningless ones 4-5 years ago, especially when they are not relevant to the job, and the manager may have forgotten me. Edit: Sorry forgot to mention...
Normal topic
phD career adviceHi, I'm currently a physics phD student at a top tier school. I originally intended to pursue a career in academia but I am now considering other career paths. I will graduate sometime in the next 1-2 years, hopefully during the fall this year. From the little I have read, portfolio management appea...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Ethnicity and gender on application?So with every application I fill out I notice the option to fill in your ethnicity and gender. Being the typical white male I'm not earning any bonus points if the company wants to be an "Equal Opportunity Employer." Since it's not required, do you guys fill out that information or just leave it bla...
Normal topic
Looking For Junior Financial Analyst PositionHey, I'm new to the forum. I graduated not too long ago with a BBA. I worked throughout high school, college, and out of college, but not in finance, mostly in management and operations positions. I want to finally take the plunge and begin my career in finance though. The two things I would lik...
0 n/a
Normal topic
.thanks for the advice ...
Normal topic
Be prepared with CFA, AICPA?hey monkeys, I'm wondering if passing CFA or AICPA before getting into banks can make huge difference. Do interviewers consider those as an interviewee's high interest on the industry? ...
Normal topic
Answering the "Your Biggest Weakness" Interview QuestionQ: How should we answer "tell me your biggest weakness"? I have heard we should work in a strength as the answer. Bad advice. The "it's-a-weakness-but-really-a-strength" response will highlight a true weakness: a lack of self-awareness. The purpose of this question is generally to learn about your c...
Normal topic
Public Finance interview HELP!Hello monkeys, Through relentless searching and networking, I've managed to gain an interview for a Pub Fin analyst position. Now, I've read all of the M&I stuff on public finance and been doing my own searches on the technical aspects of pub finance. That being said, I could really use some adv...
Normal topic
Networking question: hanging out togetherI've recently contacted an analyst at one of the BB's in London. We had a phone conversation and he answered a lot of my questions, we laughed a bit and in general it was pretty good and fun. Now I am wondering if it is ok to ask him to hang out together on Friday evening or on weekend or to have lu...
Normal topic
Career advice pleaseI currently work at a very large publicly traded logistics company in a non finance position. I'm making $50k plus bonus annually. I work 60 hours a week minimum but often more. This company only hires from within and has a "keep what you kill" mentality. So the opportunities for me to move up are p...
0 n/a
Normal topic
Spring Internship London BB replyHi, I recently had two interviews (one office interview and the other via telephone) for spring internships at BBs (I don't want to disclose too much information). The interviewer (office interview one) said I will hear back from them in one week. It was on a Wednesday and now it's the Friday nine d...
Normal topic
Does anyone know about jp morgan IB risk?I know this is part of the risk management framework at jp morgan (aka not IB), but does anyone have any info on this group? Thanks. ...
Normal topic
Good Lesson learned (for prospective monkeys)Hello, So I usually try to avoid giving out serious advice due to my complete lack of overall experience or knowledge of the finer points of finance or the industry. Yet today I learned a valuable lesson of persistence, which I think is something that many can at least consider (if not learn from). ...
Normal topic
delete idk howdelete ...
Normal topic
Wait after interview Capital OneHi, I recently cleared all my interviews at C1(including onsite) for BA position and was told that I passed. I haven't received any offer letter yet for more than a week. Has anyone been in similar situation? ...

Pages