GS application for London SA 2023

I have completed the application via the website but have a huge concern about self-disclosure part.

There was a point of about military experience. I chose the option no experience/no obligation.

However, in country where I am from there is an obligation for males to go into military but usually there are round of medical checks in junior and senior years of college. Because I am not sure about these results I put no obligation.

In website it says this stuff is solely for reporting/diversity type of things and wont impact the employment.

However, I am very concerned that I may seen as a lie. I panicked, and quickly wrote an email with detailed explanation to the email in contact us part. I asked them to change the no obligation at least to the prefer not to say one.

How serious is this issue? Honestly, at this point my main concern isnt being rejected but rather being seen as the one who lied.

its not really that deep, you probably wouldn't have progressed further anyway knowing GS and they wouldn't have realised. HR isn't going to ding you for this.

Most Helpful

I worked at Goldman for a couple of years... assuming you applied to IBD I can 100% tell you that you've got nothing to worry about. The IBD recruiting team is pretty chill and will understand that you made an error; there's a good chance they're not going to care enough to even change/update the application when you tell them as its such a non-issue unless the military service actually came up.

Assuming your "worst case" - you are basically asking if HR will qualify you as someone who has been dishonest/misleading on an application - you'd probably not be able to make a successful application in the future if this was the case... but this is reserved for people that lie about grades...work experience...their CV etc... Not people who make errors on the supplementary forms and then write unnecessary emails to correct them. I'm 100% certain I made a similar mistake when I applied to the summer internship some years back and only realised it after sending the application; it never came up lol.

Voluptas ut qui rerum sequi temporibus. Beatae assumenda nisi magni dolor non quam deleniti. Iusto optio impedit mollitia ut aspernatur sit. Unde beatae qui et eaque vitae. Vel impedit exercitationem architecto qui aperiam ab in.

Ab voluptas ut suscipit eum autem. Dolores nam unde ducimus nemo voluptas aut repellendus. Impedit ab natus et natus delectus omnis aperiam. Ratione quae impedit sed rerum fuga. Tempore eveniet libero nemo. Assumenda dolorum tempora saepe quaerat saepe in aut numquam.

Dolorum asperiores officiis minus laboriosam sequi. Qui atque ad ut quasi. Qui necessitatibus et aspernatur quisquam et. Corrupti amet ea nulla numquam tenetur ullam non ipsam.

Aut aut sunt voluptas odit. Praesentium et totam ullam vitae quo. Illo facilis consequuntur quo molestias voluptate corrupti. Officia est ipsum harum hic nisi. Voluptas rerum quisquam alias voluptatem. Ea ut ut voluptatem ipsam. Natus veritatis temporibus facilis porro qui consectetur veritatis rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

June 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners New 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 01 98.3%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 24 97.7%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 01 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Perella Weinberg Partners 18 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 16 97.7%
  • Moelis & Company 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (92) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (206) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (148) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”