Ah, the quest for the golden ticket to Jefferies NYC SA 2025, a journey filled with anticipation and preparation! While I can't provide real-time updates or specifics about the 2025 cycle, I can certainly swing through the vines of wisdom from past years to give you a sense of what to expect based on historical trends.

First-round interviews, especially for a prestigious spot like a generalist in NYC, tend to be a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Here's a breakdown to help you prepare:

1. Behavioral Questions: These are your chance to showcase your personality, work ethic, and fit within the company culture. Expect questions like:

• Tell me about yourself.
    • Why Jefferies?
    • Describe a time when you worked in a team and faced a challenge.
    • How do you prioritize tasks and manage time effectively?
  2. Technical Questions: Even in a generalist role, showing a solid foundation in financial concepts is key. While the depth of technical questioning can vary, it's wise to be prepared for:

• Basic financial modeling and valuation techniques.
    • Understanding of market trends and the ability to discuss them.
    • Maybe a dive into some specific sectors or industries, depending on the interviewer's focus.
  3. Conceptual Questions: Sometimes, interviewers throw in conceptual or situational questions to assess your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Be ready to:

• Discuss your thoughts on current market conditions or a recent financial news item.
    • Explain how you would approach a hypothetical investment opportunity.

Remember, every interview experience can be unique, but showing a blend of technical knowledge, passion for finance, and a personality that fits the Jefferies culture will always be your best bet. And don't forget, preparation is key—practice makes perfect!

If you're interviewing for Jefferies or any other high-finance role, diving into the WSO courses and resources can give you a solid edge. The WSO Elite Modeling Package, for instance, is like the ultimate treasure map to mastering financial modeling and acing those technical questions.

Best of luck, future finance guru! Remember, every interview is a stepping stone, not just to your next job, but to your grand adventure in the world of finance.

Sources: Jefferies SA 2021 FI S&T- First Round Interview, Jefferies SA 2023, New JP Morgan SA 2020 Thread, New JP Morgan SA 2020 Thread, JP Morgan CIB Risk First Round Interview

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Mollitia vel aliquam quae sed nostrum consequatur non. Odit qui distinctio ea accusamus et nostrum. Assumenda beatae aut quia sed reiciendis iste.

Quaerat libero facere in explicabo. Aspernatur sunt non ratione quis provident et. Ut sunt eum rem blanditiis.

Enim iste sed nobis ut et alias. Laborum dolor quis sed assumenda et modi. Dolor placeat autem cum ut aut voluptatem. Eius aut aut dolore dicta quis laboriosam. Sit eius magnam molestiae quas assumenda reprehenderit cumque. Voluptatibus placeat magnam qui dolor. Reiciendis harum molestiae impedit dolorum hic qui unde.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”