New JP Morgan SA 2020 Thread

Ok, so the other thread got cluttered with people begging/selling hirevue questions (250+ comments on that alone), so I've created a new thread where we actually talk about general JPM 2020 SA stuff.

1971 Comments
 

I'm pretty sure the next wave of hirevues hasn't been sent out yet. I got mine in the bulk that was sent out on the 14th so you will probably get it in the coming weeks.

Array
 

Pretty sure its done in rounds. Everyone that applied to USA IBD the earliest got a Hirevue June 14. I'm assuming JPM will review these hirevues before proceeding to the next group of people.

Array
 

Same here. Applied to Market Research, Asset Management and Investment Banking. Did the pymetrics and received hirevue for Market Research on June 20th (applied but haven't heard anything from Investment Banking as of yet and applied to both June 16th). Anyone else have a similar situation? Would love to hear your guys' timelines and where y'all stand in this as well.

 

Applied on June 10th to IB, AM, and RE. Received hirevue for IB on the 14th, and app currently shows "Under Consideration." Haven't received hirevues for AM or RE, but did pymetrics for all. AM shows "Application Received," last updated on the 10th, and RE shows "Application Reviewed," last updated on the 19th.

 

From my understanding (taken from what people have said above), there are no phone screenings and superdays will take place in July or later, however no one has been contacted yet. I'm in the same position with "Under consideration" for NY IB, but other applications show "Application received" or "Application reviewed." I'd say July at the earliest we would start hearing back, but probably more toward August and September.

 

I'm also applying to Calgary, how long after your application and pymetrics did you get the Hirevue? I only completed the pymetrics on Sunday which admittedly I should've done earlier, but I haven't gotten a Hirevue yet which is worrying me a bit since I thought everyone got one. Do you know if they send them out in waves?

 

Just one application. I've been saying NY-pref because that's what I put as my 1st option. I don't think there are different hirevues for the different location, however.

 

Not sure it's very clever to give others the questions so they can prepare better than you or some next level Machiavellian strategy so that people sound too scripted.

 

No time limit but if you wait until they send the next batch of hirevues you've basically screwed yourself over, Admissions are rolling so if you wait too long you kick yourself back a round.

Array
 

Yeah I actually already did my IB hirevue a week ago. If they screen CVs before I’m actually surprised because compared to some people on here I don’t have quite the comparable experience.

 

Maybe a bit late now but... 1 Pymetrics per applicant (for all applications) and each position has a different HireVue even if you are applying to the same position, just different locations. Hope this helps!

 

Spoke with a JPM analyst in NY yesterday. He told me they had just finished the training process for reviewing HireVues, and nothing has been looked at yet. I'm assuming they will move forward with reviews within the next week

 
Most Helpful

He also confirmed that the process is HireVue --> Super Day invite He didn't know anything about the date of the super day, and he sounded like it hasnt even been planned yet

 

Superdays are all paid by JPM including flights and hotels. But I am pretty sure if you are applying for a position outside of country you get video interview instead of superday.

 

Until the next wave of Hirevue's are sent out, at which time they focus their attention away from all previous waves. Each wave appears to be around 2 weeks.

 

Hey guys, received a hirevue around a week ago and have been sitting on it because I was hoping to talk to more FT analysts about the position before fully submitting my app. Do you guys think its wise to wait and speak with people first?

It seems as though JPM is trying to push the recruiting process away from a solely networking prospective, where you get an advantage for reaching out to many people. From what you guys have heard either first or second hand, what do you guys think about this? Also, do you think it's bad to sit on a hirevue for longer than x amount of time?

Thanks, and good luck everyone!

 

I talked to an analyst last week and she said JPM is trying to reduce the amount of pull people in the firm have in getting people moving forward in the process so there is definitely a reduced emphasis on connections. I think having connections at VP level or above are really the only things that can make a really significant impact at this point but someone should correct me if they have heard otherwise. I have heard that if you sit on the hirevue for too long after you received it you will be grouped into the next batch of hirevue recipients as the applications are rolling.

Array
 

Would also love any info about the “last updated” changes on my applications. My IB app was last updated 7/1 and it has been changing a lot recently. Just was wondering if anyone knows what that means.

 

Have you guys received any confirmation after completing pymetrics? I completed them on 30th, no confirmation, no hirevue invite and status at "application received". I meet all the requirements, such as GPA/graduation date + target

 

I applied to IB/Market Trading/AM and got hirevue for only AM, does that mean my IB and MT apps got dinged? Did anyone else get their AM hirevue yet? I applied on June 15th btw

 

Magni impedit nihil beatae repellat tempore. Accusantium natus nobis ea quibusdam illum quisquam consequatur. Asperiores voluptatum et voluptatibus id. Tenetur suscipit et maxime neque reprehenderit aut occaecati tempora.

Cumque adipisci perspiciatis beatae quos. Consequuntur ratione id laudantium ut qui. Fugit sint consequatur voluptas sunt doloremque consequatur dolores nisi.

Et et aut eveniet qui. Atque et ab temporibus exercitationem natus quis. Ut sapiente culpa vel est nihil deserunt. Voluptatem deserunt id dolores eum fuga excepturi at. Quasi eum sed dolor fugiat beatae dolore. Aliquid sed beatae sed et enim aspernatur tempora expedita.

Maiores necessitatibus nemo est. Quia facere id ad eum molestiae et. Esse vel numquam et. Adipisci est maiores dignissimos iure ut dignissimos sint quia. Id minima nam deserunt deserunt aliquam et qui at. Dolores nam consequuntur reiciendis omnis omnis.

 

Accusamus earum rerum quisquam quo eaque vel tenetur. Nemo itaque excepturi nihil consequuntur ipsum. Vel voluptates provident animi qui perferendis. Nisi voluptatum aperiam accusamus qui cupiditate et.

Saepe quia recusandae blanditiis consequuntur non culpa. Quia vel similique ut. Sed est a id repellat distinctio. Necessitatibus quia voluptas quae quia perferendis repellat. Modi mollitia atque cupiditate aut tempora. Ratione enim sunt itaque quod.

Labore laudantium exercitationem quod et vero odit quasi. Ipsa laudantium aut impedit in laboriosam autem vero. Quod id est laudantium eos est dolor et. In est earum nostrum. Quia et itaque quo fugit qui repellat eius sit.

Quidem eveniet ipsam unde dolorem. Odit eos officiis ipsum eligendi cupiditate. Quia modi est similique aut odio corrupti. Id qui id reiciendis ut tenetur deserunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • JPMorgan 01 98.4%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.9%
  • Guggenheim Partners 01 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Moelis & Company No 99.5%
  • Morgan Stanley 02 98.9%
  • Evercore 01 98.4%
  • Banco Santander 02 97.9%
  • BMO Capital Markets 12 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Evercore 01 99.5%
  • Moelis & Company 01 98.9%
  • Morgan Stanley 05 98.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 01 97.9%
  • JPMorgan No 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

October 2026 Investment Banking

  • Vice President (16) $429
  • Associates (57) $264
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (8) $210
  • 2nd Year Analyst (28) $184
  • Intern/Summer Associate (16) $161
  • 1st Year Analyst (84) $151
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (76) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

1
redever's picture
redever
99.2
2
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
99.0
3
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
99.0
4
kanon's picture
kanon
99.0
5
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
98.9
6
dosk17's picture
dosk17
98.9
7
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
98.9
8
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
98.9
9
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
98.9
10
numi's picture
numi
98.8
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”