WSO Customer Support Representative/Project Coordinator
Location: Remote (Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time Required)
Our Remote Customer Support team is continuing to grow and we're on the search for exceptional people who can help us build & support our awesome users. We're looking for people who currently sit in the following time zones: Pacific Time, Mountain Time, Central Time, or Eastern Time.
As a Remote Customer Support Representative, you will provide a helping hand to our users. As Wall Street Oasis is still a growing startup, most of our employees wear multiple hats, this goes for you too!
Along with providing exceptional customer support to our users, you'll also be responsible for reviewing content on the site, working with our CEO on publishing and promoting podcast material, assisting with the growth of The Talent Oasis, and more depending on your strengths and interests.
In this role, you will:
- Work 100% remotely to partner with our users and effectively resolve issues through phone, email, and chat.
- Collaborate with our executive team to identify opportunities for existing users to better engage or utilize WSO materials and resources
- Communicate thoughtful, customized solutions that help users move forward
- Show composure, resilience, and flexibility as customer needs evolve and case volume changes
- Handle large, ongoing projects with little supervision
We are looking for people who:
- Have demonstrated experience in customer service and are passionate about the customer experience
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and user needs
- Have remote experience or an ability to be self-sufficient and autonomous to meet goals in a remote setting
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must be familiar with the WSO community or have some basic finance knowledge
- Must be willing to dedicate a minimum of 30 hours/week to the position
If interested, please submit your resume to [email protected] with a brief explanation of your experience and why you would be a great fit for the position.
Dedicated Content Writer/Optimizer
Wall Street Oasis is looking for someone to help with cleaning some content up on our site to improve quality and readability for our users.
We currently have a lot of posts on our site with some really good content, but we need someone to come in and edit/organize/reformat/rework certain posts to make it better.
You'll be going through some of our top content and adding relevant sub-headers with appropriate keyword variations, adding more sections and breaking up text, adding graphics/images to the posts, etc.
- Should have excellent organizational skills and STRONG attention to detail
- Should be a decent writter and comfortable elaborating on content/topics, you won't be starting from scratch but you will need to rework content that's already there
- Some knowledge of SEO or HTML is a plus
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 25hrs/week
For the right person, this position has the possibility to become a 40 hour/week role.
If selected to move forward with an interview - there will be a small test/project we'll ask you to complete so we can get a better understanding of the quality of your work.
If interested, please submit your resume to [email protected] with a brief explanation as to why you would be a great fit for the position!
The Wall Street Oasis development team is looking for a highly skilled developer with experience in Drupal and CSS to work on our site.
- Must have experience working with Drupal and CSS
- Must be willing to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours/week to the position
For the right person, this position has the possibility to grow into a 40 hour/week role.
If interested, please submit your resume to [email protected] with a brief explanation of your experience as well as examples of previous work.
Resume Reviewer or WSO Mentor
Wall Street Oasis is always on the lookout for experienced, finance professionals to help our young chimps get their resumes looking clean and professional, or to be a mentor and give advice and interview practice.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in finance
- Previous experience screening resumes
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to go above and beyond to make the client happy
To apply, email [email protected] your resume, a confirmation that you meet the above requirements, and any additional relevant information we should know when considering you as a candidate.
Term: 8 week minimum
We are looking for several talented writers (professionals in the finance industry preferred) to blog for Wall Street Oasis. There is a list of suggested topics you can choose from but if there is an area of interest/specialization you would prefer to write on we are very open to hear your ideas (ie trading/markets, street culture, advice/mentoring etc). Bloggers can remain anonymous if they wish and have flexibility to write about the topics they choose with Andy.
- Professional in the finance (or similar field) industry
- Strong writing skills and native English speaker
- Knowledge of WSO is all about (ie study our "About us" page)
- Minimum commitment of at least 1 post per week (400 word minimum) or a 24 hour notice if you are going to miss a post
There are two options for contributing:
- Become a regular weekly contributor. We only ask that you commit to 8 quality posts over 8-12 weeks (400 word minimum). More details will be provided during the training process. See instructions below for how to start our training (videos, doc, short quiz, phone call with Andy). Emails during the training may go into your spam and/or promotions folder, please make sure to check these.
- If you cannot commit to a regular schedule we are open to guest posts (either one post, AMA/interview, or a short series) on a particular topic.
If interested, please email [email protected] with your resume and any additional information we should know when considering you as a candidate.