What is a WSO Certified User?
WallStreetOasis.com continually tries to identify our most seasoned and helpful members by tagging them with Certified User status. A Certified User will have a star next to his/her username every time they post a comment so that users new to the site will know that the comment is being made from a reputable source.
- This member has proven to work a specified professional industry for a minimum of 1 year full-time (no college students or interns allowed)
- This member has demonstrated superior knowledge in that specified field and given helpful advice to other users.
- This member has displayed maturity, patience and a willingness to help other prospective monkeys with limited or no experience. Your account will get flagged for review should you have a favorable upvote: downvote ratio (typically over 3:1).
- Certified User status can be removed if the user is inappropriate, combative and/or argumentative with other members
Benefits of Certified User Status
- No restrictions on private messaging system so certified users can network with other certified users and knowledgeable members for free in private chats
- Access to the private Certified User group with instant messaging chat so that you can network and build relationships with other talented finance professionals
- Respect in the community as a valued source of advice. Certified User knowledge is what keeps WSO a great resource for the younger members.
Ways to Gain Certified User Status
- The user has proven he/she works FULL TIME in the specified field in their profile for at least 1 year through e-mail verification to [email protected] or connecting with our CEO, Patrick Curtis on LinkedIn here. Or if you are not able to connect, e-mail him (and cc Ivy) at [email protected] and include a link to your LinkedIn profile so that we can confirm your professional status matches your profile. (Sorry, no interns)
- The user has demonstrated superior knowledge in that specified field and given helpful advice to other users. This is not required, but is a way to get Certified automatically
- The user has displayed maturity, patience and a willingness to help other prospective monkeys with limited or no experience
- The user continues to display maturity and does not get into meaningless debates on school or company rankings (certification can be revoked)
Note: Under rare circumstances, users that demonstrate superior knowledge and a desire to help can gain Certified User status very quickly, while other members will have to improve their reputation with the site administrators & moderators to become certified.
If you believe you deserve to be certified and have not been yet, you can always e-mail [email protected] with a link to your LinkedIn profile to make your case or just have us review your account.