PRIVATE EQUITY INTERVIEW PREP COURSE
The Insider's Guide on How to Land
The Most Prestigious Buyside Roles on Wall Street...
Including our famous PDF Guide, PE LBO Modeling Tests and So Much More...
Private Equity Interview Course Preview
Master ALL of the Concepts
Private Equity funds aren't looking for robots… they want to know that you understand the industry, that you can solve problems, handle stress, manage a team and are a fit for their firm… You'll discover how to master all of these concepts - even if you only have a few days to prepare...
Research Specific PE Funds
You'll have access to over 2,000 private equity interview questions across 400+ PE funds organized by position, so you can focus your preparation on what matters most...
Nail the LBO Modeling Tests
With 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions be ready to handle any variation and any level of complexity… so you won't leave a single stone unturned and will be 100% prepared for anything they throw at you...
Prepare Quickly and Level Up
With Detailed Industry and Recruiting History, showing you exactly what you need to know in order to demonstrate a true passion for the industry… master the key concepts and stack your learning for maximum preparation in the shortest amount of time possible...
Master the Case Interview
With 10+ Hours of Private Equity Cases, you'll discover exactly how to walk through your own deals with confidence... and prove you're cut out for private equity...
Get Exclusive Inside Info on 200+ PE Funds
With the WSO Company Database, you'll get exclusive data on compensation, interviews and employee reviews for hundreds of funds… access thousands of interview insights… so you'll know exactly which firms and positions are right for you...
Build a High Impact Network
With 15+ Hours of video tutorials… for LinkedIn, Emailing and Cold Calling… so you can get 3x your response rate, land more interviews and get support from PE professionals on the inside, even if you are not from the traditional IB or consulting background...
See how PE veterans have done it with the WSO Video Library
You'll discover how professional private equity investors have answered the very same questions you'll be asked with 50+ hours of private equity-specific videos… Watch detailed Q&A's and sample cases… so you can see exactly what works and what doesn't...
Hear From One Of Our Main Authors
PE Interview Course Table of Contents
Below you will find a list of the modules and lessons included in this course.
- Welcome to the PE Prep Package
- Industry Overview
- Here's and easy way to think of carry
- Know this 1 fact about PE history / for your
- Fundraising & Deal volume
- PE deal types
- PE deal types: the 2 You Need to Know Best
- PE firm types
- PE firm types - 3 key takeaways for recruiting
- Fund economics
- Titles, roles, and compensation
- "Show Me the Money!" / How to find relevant PE compensation data
- Deal Process
- The one dirty little secret on sourcing
- 3 actual examples of a private equity teaser, NDA, and CIM
- The sacred investment committee memo
- Staple financing 101: what is it and why do banks offer it?
- 3 material adverse changes (MACs) to watch out for in private equity
- Private equity deal selection
- The 7 traits of the perfect deal and... One that is more important than all of them combined
- Deal funnel and lifecycle
- Private Equity Common diligence topics
- Common due diligence - why does it matter?
- How PE makes money
- Bonus webinar: Sources of value creation in Private Equity
- What is the true driver of PE returns? Financial engineering vs operational improvement
- Common PE Career Paths
- 5 examples of where people go after their PE career is over
- How to build a private equity background
- Big fish in small pond or swim with the sharks?
- What firms and groups give you the best shot at PE?
- Bonus webinar: Private equity success story from a non-target engineering major
- PE business development roles - Another way to break-in
- Recruiting cycle
- PE recruiting timing: game theory in action
- How to work with recruiters
- 3 crucial tips when dealing with /headhunters
- How to choose an offer
- 3 ways to find the dirt and get a good grasp of private equity firms
- Bonus webinar: PE recruiting process in detail
- How to write your resume
- Resume prep for
- 5 common mistakes on that can hurt you
- Why LBOs use leverage and 3 other ways to boost returns
- 3 financial statements
- Why you should care about changes in Net Working Capital
- Capital structure considerations in PE
- 4 capital structure tiers to know well
- Common valuation techniques
- Common calculations
- How would you calculate a firms and how would you use it?
- Walk me
- Here is how you do quickly in your
- Top 30 technical PE questions & answers
- Sample private equity deal walk through case, one good, one bad
- Bonus webinar: how to speak about your investment banking deals in a
- How to prep for a
- What if you can't value a company using ?
- Why you should care about changes in Net Working Capital (Repeat)
- Bonus webinar: PE investment case presentation and how the deal process works
- DCF vs. . transaction multiples...which provides the highest valuations?
- The 7 traits of the perfect deal and... one that is more important than all of them combined (repeat)
- Top 15 fit private equity question & answers
- PE firms get jealous too: here is proof
- Bonus webinar: Transition from investment banking to private equity
- Top 10 questions & answers
- Follow these 5 steps if you get stuck on a brainteaser
- Introduction to PE
- The paper LBO in private equity
- Paper LBO Example 1
- The basic (1-hour) LBO
- Basic LBO Example 1
- Final thoughts on LBO modeling tests
- Private equity case - Paysmart
- Private equity case - Oilfield Services
- Private equity case - Transnational M&A
- Private equity case - Creating value through operational change - apparel industry
Our customers have landed positions at all of the top PE megafunds, including:
"I come from a non-target background and managed to make it into banking, but only after close to a year of networking and hustle. I knew that the odds were against me again for PE recruiting so I started networking and trying to land as many interviews as possible only after 1 year at a boutique investment bank. I had made it to 2nd and final rounds at a few funds, but no offer. The first interview after going through this course I made it to the final rounds and got an offer! I think this package made the difference - in fact, one of the LBO modeling tests I got in the 2nd round was almost identical to one of the 1 hour LBO ones in the package. Having that modeling practice and the confidence going into the interview is priceless."
"Excellent course for anyone hoping to break into the PE industry."
"This PE course provides a comprehensive, easy to understand review of not only the interview process, but, a background of Private Equity in general and the fundamentals involved. It makes a great transition from "big picture" concepts to detailed analysis in the LBO modeling tutorial. I came from a "non-traditional" background (consulting), and felt very prepared in my interview regarding industry knowledge, business model, and technical skill. I'm very pleased to report that I received an offer within 2 weeks of going through the course. It is easily worth the cost, and I will recommend it to close friends and colleagues. Thanks for an excellent resource."
"Most guides that try to demystify PE recruiting tend to be extremely utilitarian and focused which counter intuitively limits how useful they are. This guide provides spot-on advice as well as the industry context required for the advice to be useful. This is the single best resource I've seen for PE recruiting (And in fact a lot of the buy-side in general)"
"WSO's private equity interview course is an essential competitive advantage for anyone trying to break into PE. It provides candidates with both the quantitative and the qualitative skills they need to stand out from the crowd. This is the one resource serious candidates shouldn't risk being without."
"The guide has been extremely valuable to me. It got me from zero to sixty in PE knowledge to help me get a job in PE as a consultant who knew very little about the industry. Furthermore, I still keep referring to it as a PE professional to date when I want to see how some items get modeled out. Thanks for the guide and the great help. I'm an ambassador for the guide to all my friends and if I can ever help out let me know. Thanks"
Get the Private Equity Interview Course Certification
After completing the course, all students will be granted theCourse Certification. Use this certificate as a signal to employers that you have the technical modeling skills to immediately add value to your team.
Demonstrate that you have put in the work outside of university courses toand in depth. Easily share to LinkedIn and other social media sites to highlight your skills and strengthen your profile as a candidate.
Value of the
Private Equity Interview Course
What You Get
Module 1: WSO Private Equity Recruiting Guide
200+ pages, 10+ hours of video, 10 PE brainteasers, full coverage of Critical PE recruiting strategies...
Module 2: 9 LBO Modeling Tests
9 Tests including 15+ hours of video, 3 at each level of difficulty so you can level up...
Module 3: 4 More Real Cases and Tests from ACTUAL Funds
20 minute LBO modeling drills + 2 UMM and 1 Megafund test with more coming every month (crowdsourcing through WSO community)
Module 4: Networking Mastery Guide
150+ copy & paste questions to ask on your interviews, 14 templates for LinkedIn, Email & Cold-Calling, 3 proven WSO Resume Templates and more...
Bonus 1: WSO Video Library - 12 Month Access
50+ hours of PE specific videos: webinars, sample deals, 10+ PPT & Excel Templates and more...
Bonus 2: WSO Company Database - 12 Month Access
2,447+ interview insights across 203 private equity funds, Coverage of over 100 firms, Exclusive data on compensation, interviews & employee reviews and more...
Consider this your first investment
in a long career...
After all, you've likely already spent tens of thousands of dollars on college (and perhaps tens of thousands more on an MBA)... When you land,
you'll be making well over $200,000...
...over $400,000 if you have an MBA...
And that's just the beginning of a long and very LUCRATIVE career that could easily net you millions...especially once you get carry.
We could easily charge thousands of dollars and your ROI would still be huge…
At a fraction of that price, the ROI is even better... a few hundred in exchange for millions of dollars down the line. When you do the math, it's a no brainer.
And that doesn't include the time you'd have to spend figuring all of this out. Even if you used the volumes of free information inside the WSO PE forum, you'd still have to find it, organize it, vet it, test it and systematize it to get it to work.
That would take months - maybe even years… and at that point, you will have missed your window, blown your opportunity and your chances of ever getting a job in PE will be slim to none.
All while watching your friends and classmates ride the elevators to the penthouses of private equity and doing the types of deals you read about in the Wall Street Journal…
The WSO everything you need to nail your interviews, crush your competition and land the prestigious you've always wanted… quickly and easily.Prep Course gives you
But we're not going to charge you thousands...
We won't even ask for half of that..
Lifetime Access To The WSO Private Equity Interview Prep Course For 86% Off
3 Monthly Payments of
...or 1 Payment of $297
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee
12 Month Risk-Free Guarantee
Your investment is protected by our 12-Month Risk-Free Guarantee. If, for any reason, you don't think the WSO Private Equity Interview Prep Course is right for you, just send us an email, and we'll refund every penny. No questions asked. In short, you get a great return on your investment, or you get your money back. It's that simple.