Solomon Partners 2022

Does anyone have any insight into Solomon Partners? Specifically any information regarding culture, exit opportunities, WLB/hours, best groups, and deal exposure potential. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Wtf is solomon partners?

Solomon brothers(the defunct bank)? Or pj solomon?

Most Helpful

Roommate used to work at PJS before lateraling. From what I've heard, deal exposure heavily depends on what group you're placed in. C&R is great, TMT is OK. I don't know much about or follow the Power & Renewables industry but apparently they've hired some pretty well-respected seniors in that space. Exits are in line with what'd you expect - mainly MM PE. However, I've seen a couple individuals in C&R and Power & Renewables with very strong backgrounds (Wharton/Harvard) place into really good infra and consumer PE funds as well, although I'm going to guess that those individuals were very strong candidates and are the exception.

Culture pre-Natixis was great. Very nice people and a very laid back if not preppy culture (they love Wharton/Brown/Duke/Harvard/UMich prep-school kids from Westchester), and the seniors are pretty chill and apparently there's strong culture of mentorship there. From what I understand the firm added way too many MDs post-Natixis without proportionally expanding junior headcount and analysts have been absolutely crushed the past year, and wlb has been pretty nonexistent. Hopefully they've fixed that now, I've heard they went on a hiring binge.

Perspiciatis ab aut eius explicabo. Id praesentium corrupti minus omnis et et. Autem non est iure sit fuga. Aspernatur occaecati alias officiis et ducimus officiis. Ipsum minima sit provident nostrum. Inventore laboriosam assumenda rerum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Lazard Freres No 98.9%
  • Harris Williams & Co. 25 98.3%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.9%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 04 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.9%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”