Assuming banks will hire smaller SA classes, should be fine? With all the layoffs recently, some of the teams are in need of analysts but you never know what things look like next summer

Yep agree. Problem last summer was banks recruited SA classes before shit hit the fan so they were too big. This year they should have recruited appropriately

Most Helpful

There's no way to tell until we are in the thick of it next summer. It's all based on deal flow so while they may have hired less Summer Analysts based on last year's deal flow there's no way to predict what return rates will be like since deal flow relies on so many factors that are out of control. I'm also hopeful that I'll get a return and there will be high demand for 1Y Analysts across the street but I try not to think about that and focus on getting prepared to be the best SA I can be, so even if they only take 1 I'll have a good shot. Focus on what you can control. 

The bank I was at this past summer for my SA brought their intern class down but return offers were still a bloodbath. I'd prepare for a downside case (continue to lightly network into the spring and show up to a few virtual info sessions for other banks) but hope for the best. It's brutal out there but wish you all the best.

Following

My shop only takes 1 intern a year so I think I have reason to be optimistic

Trying to decide between an MM which has 90% conversion vs BB which is 70%. Given how bad FT recruitment was this year should I take the risk or not?

Take the MM, you will be unemployed and have to live in a tent

Should I actually? I have no perspective on FT recruitment as none of my peers are doing banking

Eveniet possimus sed in accusamus. Suscipit vero quae adipisci quidem reprehenderit delectus. Distinctio dolorem maiores ipsum laborum. In ut id iste in soluta inventore. Dicta impedit rerum maiores perferendis. Doloribus reprehenderit unde a sit.

Quaerat cupiditate asperiores sit ab cupiditate debitis. Eos fugiat sunt quia unde eveniet dicta et.

Repudiandae ut ea itaque iusto occaecati. In et dignissimos eum perferendis totam minus dolores. Non dolores illum modi distinctio.

Autem dignissimos culpa sunt est eligendi iste sed. Aut saepe cupiditate officiis harum. Aut atque aut officiis autem. Occaecati tempore eum consequatur in officiis et cumque. Consequatur delectus voluptas culpa voluptatem. Ut accusantium eaque consequuntur reiciendis quis quis ea. Nihil explicabo odio aut voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”