GMAT Score - Retake 760?

Got a 760 on the GMAT recently and wondering if I should retake it and aim for 780+. Mainly took it to give my resume a boost as I got a 3.75 GPA (target school), and was wondering if a 760 would get the job done for that. Also was wondering if it would be helpful for business school applications to potentially retake it. Recognize this may be a bit inconsequential, just wanted to get a feel for how good a 760 is considered and if it could help counteract my somewhat lower GPA. 

You are living proof that standardized tests don't tell how smart a person is.

There is no way this is a serious question.

Answering seriously just in case this is legit question. There are really only 3 reasons why I can think of retaking a 760:

- You want more scholarships and you're 100% sure that you can get above it, because hey, maybe you just had a slightly off day from your peak performance and getting that 780 will push you over the edge

- Your Q/V Split is atrocious--for example, if you got a 51V and 43Q, then it might, maybe, be hard for the school to think you could handle the quant difficulty

- You've got little dick syndrome and would rather die than stand the thought of not being the top of the top

Past that, you're fine. Don't overthink it.

Remember, always be kind-hearted.

As a fellow Asian (which ppl above seemed to have missed), I can understand your insecurity with 760. Americans will never understand it, lol!

The average in that pool esp for M7 tends to be like 750 - MUCH MUCH more competitive for very very less seats (like whole of India gets  

Now as M7 admissions interviewer + decider, I would say 760 is good. Grades don't matter much anyway since US adcoms discount it. Focus on telling a story and get solid references. If you don't have brand name firm experience, need to compliment it with other experiences like international travel or charity volunteering etc

Adipisci occaecati aliquid magnam vel ea. Omnis vel iure ea perspiciatis tenetur.

Expedita velit ut optio suscipit et. Perferendis et ipsum quas nesciunt in. Vel rerum voluptas et est excepturi aliquam animi a.

Consequatur commodi exercitationem quia id. Quas aut voluptatem voluptas excepturi. Accusamus inventore perferendis amet ab.

Voluptates et culpa itaque earum voluptatem. Eos perspiciatis similique est sit accusamus repellendus odit non. Ullam explicabo ducimus dolore neque maxime sunt aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (388) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (315) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”