Headhunter Calls On Cycle 2025

Had reach out from 2 headhunters to schedule calls – should we anticipate the process locking off in the next week or two? Could be an absolute mess all round if so

Mod alert: We have announced a PE Interview boot camp for July 21, 2023. Check it out here: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/courses/live-training/private-equity-interview-bootcamp. Happy recruiting!

Mod alert 2: The Bootcamp is sold out. If you couldn't get a seat, please check out our PE interview Course. Good luck with the interviews!

Most Helpful

Yeah fuck that, I’m not ready, all these firms are gunna have to miss out on hiring me 😤😤 /s

“We are following up on our registration note to schedule a fifteen-minute introductory conversation with you. We would love the opportunity to discuss your background and interests, as well as answer any questions you may have about buyside recruiting.

Would love to be proven wrong here but I believe this is just HHs making sure they have you in their system IN CASE on cycle kicks off soon. That said, it’s a bit of a chicken and egg situation cuz as soon as they start collecting names MFs find out and then they think they have to move as soon as possible. Last year I think everything kicked off after analysts finished training - would expect that to be the same this year at the minimum

LOL my call was so awkward i dont think i have a chance lmao

wait everybody here is a current summer analyst? rising seniors?

Received email from HSP that they are not doing calls yet

if you signed up on the HH website after they invited you and didn't hear back for the call when others did are you done for? Or does it come in waves?

Think it comes in waves based on priority, bandwidth, etc etc

Funniest

davidsmith2:

Does anyone actually feel ready? Maybe if our class shits the bed hard enough they'll stop pushing the timeline up lol

Nah. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but doing it as early as possible is completely no regrets for PE firms. You snap up all the little hardos that absolutely crushed paper LBOs blindfolded in fluent Latin at age 14 back at THE Phillips Exeter Academy and fill the rest of your class in the off cycle by putting people through 15 rounds of interviews including technicals with the entire janitorial staff and 4 hour take home excel tests.

That’s not gonna change any time soon

djdiidudus:

The first movers are planning to kick off on Friday 

Don’t believe Mr. 5 banana

djdiidudus:

The first movers are planning to kick off on Friday 

Don't believe Mr. 5 banana

Fair enough — am not going to jeopardize my position by posting from an account with any history. Take or leave as you will.

Would not be surprised, headhunters and firms rapidly moving it seems

Lowkey prob don’t want to ruin your reputation if you aren’t ready

how to best proceed if just starting prep - give up? this timeline is nuts, thought would have at least the weekend

Strategy depends on what you want:

1. Are you happy with any seat in PE?
    • Go forth and on cycle your life away - worst case you get zero offers and just recruit on the off cycle. Best case you find a spot and never have to think about this again
  2. Would you only be happy with specific seats in PE (i.e. specific firms)?
    • 2a: Are you prepared for an excel test / paper LBO / general accounting & valuation question
      • The world is your oyster
    • 2b: What is LIBOR?
      • Categorically do not participate in on cycle. Most if not all firms that interview you in on cycle will not interview you in off cycle - you only get one shot at this. 
      • But what if my dream firm is BX/KKR/APO and they historically fill all their seats in on cycle?
        • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - should have thought about that before going on that post-grad trip to Europe

Do you need to know how to build a 3-statement operating model or a full LBO (3-statements)?

I can't build a 3-statement model but I'm pretty comfortable with paper LBOs and can build a basic 90min LBO (no balance sheet), will I be ready for on-cycle with MF/UMM PE? 

You guys really don’t know shit this what everyone said last year too.

Seems like the fearmongering on websites like this, through word of mouth, etc. is what's causing things to start earlier and earlier every time. Not sure why people keep making this same mistake every year -- if we all just kept quiet after initial headhunter outreach the firms don't get wind of it and don't start this early.

Lmao a variation of this exact statement was said last year the week before Labor Day and it still kicked off August 29

The whole point of on-cycle is that it's irrational. Nobody wants to kick off this early because the candidates suck, but nobody wants to be beat to be the first one. Actually a very interesting real life example of some game theory

Can be either - I've had HHs reach me on both and just ask the ones who email my company email to forward any communication to my personal

A few BBs haven't even started their training program yet, not to mention hitting the desk... Can they really recruit before/during training?

Could just be coffee chats like every other firm is ramping up on right now

Anonymous Monkey:

Could just be coffee chats like every other firm is ramping up on right now

People forget on this site so easily - Apax kicked things off for on cycle 23 with this exact strategy. Invited kids to coffee chats which were actually first rounds.

To all of you that got a coffee chat with a director (lol), don’t be surprised if they ask you to do a paper LBO

Good luck everyone… should be seeing interviews soon

TA Associates reached out about information sessions

Got it too, anyone knows which HH covers TA? Not sure how they got my personal email lol, didn't look like they went through a recruiter for the session invite.

Can confirm two more MF’s not on this list have started coffee chats. I haven’t even been able to meet with all the HH yet because their slots were all full. Ridiculous.

Yes. I think emailing them if you didn't get a look is the best option.

Friend of mine is interviewing tonight at a small fund. Can't reveal name as would expose them but looks like things could be rolling...

As much as I like this website the misinformation on here is the reason why this process gets so expedited. Soon as someone says they heard that X firm kicks off (which is probably a rumor that isn't true) that leads to analysts chatting and telling HH they heard that X started etc. That then leads to HH telling firms to start because thats the chatter they're hearing among analysts. Word spreads fast. Seems like a self fulfilling prophecy to me so lets just chill.

Hey, we have just announced a PE Interview bootcamp for July 21, 2023. Check it out here.

Edit: The Bootcamp is sold out. If you couldn't get a seat, please check out our PE interview Course. Good luck with the interviews!

Wouldn’t worry about it. Could put a now 2nd year from internship last year. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things

Ducimus tempora fugiat beatae et quia cupiditate similique. Enim voluptatibus nihil sed deserunt repellat fuga non eveniet. Est libero eligendi temporibus voluptas eos ipsa dolores.

Neque in dignissimos reprehenderit sit. Eaque autem quia est repellat. Quibusdam nostrum minus dolorem. A et sit eius qui. Consequatur incidunt dolorum quae iure iure maxime possimus.

Rerum voluptate veniam aut quasi ea ab sunt. Provident voluptatem eligendi autem aut odio in consequatur. Minus eum eius qui consequatur architecto.

Veniam possimus nihil earum et. Unde sed est nostrum laudantium maiores. Dolore maiores possimus consequuntur beatae eos. Qui consequuntur totam numquam ad ipsa atque consectetur.

Eum error minus sint et quod dolorum. Accusantium aut atque et id. Velit est sed autem excepturi blanditiis quas voluptas vel. Sed enim sint ut dolorem voluptatem accusantium. Fugiat error officiis facere odit rem.

Et et est minus neque natus debitis dolores quia. Est natus odit est qui qui illum. Magni et sit accusamus ipsum repellendus. Aliquid molestiae quidem et eius. Inventore itaque qui voluptatem perspiciatis voluptatem nobis.

Stonks. 

Ipsum voluptatum ut minima similique illo recusandae adipisci est. Et at quia qui nobis tempora.

Mollitia ipsam alias odit sit ut omnis reiciendis qui. Dolorem velit soluta ut dolores. Rerum eius ab vitae exercitationem. Architecto suscipit autem nostrum repudiandae quis voluptatem voluptatem.

Accusamus odit impedit iste inventore quo. Pariatur vero quos veritatis dolor sit.

Et aut quod ut eos et. Minus suscipit ut ipsum nulla molestias recusandae. Voluptatem ea temporibus quo. Neque temporibus quibusdam eveniet aut rerum incidunt.

At impedit laboriosam error aut dolore quae minima. Excepturi consequatur dignissimos et dignissimos vel totam dolor. Sunt assumenda fugiat maxime cumque neque. Atque eligendi nostrum corporis aut officiis.

Natus aut doloremque culpa nostrum repellat. Velit et pariatur ad qui assumenda. Ea qui facilis qui maxime et.

Atque numquam animi maiores quos. Aut voluptatibus eos magni suscipit ut. Voluptates qui inventore sit voluptatem laboriosam. Dolor recusandae repellendus rerum omnis non aut cum consequatur.

Voluptas sapiente tempora nisi similique ut aliquam quibusdam. Placeat expedita minima at officia.

Eveniet in tempore sit ipsum. Sequi provident consectetur sed consequatur a. Fugit totam natus accusantium ut cupiditate. Accusantium pariatur fuga aut adipisci iure.

In molestiae aut sunt ratione voluptatem doloribus. Voluptas vel ipsum et velit sunt beatae rem. Pariatur pariatur et illo quo voluptas modi et ut. Ut optio earum eos aut qui accusamus.

Blanditiis voluptate reiciendis consequuntur dolorum ab debitis repellat. Assumenda qui eligendi omnis aut velit dolor. Ut fugit nesciunt ratione quia ut est magni. Est eligendi ad odio sunt et veritatis. Corporis aspernatur rerum fuga repellat. Mollitia ullam accusamus vitae quas aliquid quia quod. Est ut sint cumque error.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

May 2024 Private Equity

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

May 2024 Private Equity

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Private Equity

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (91) $281
  • 2nd Year Associate (206) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (388) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (315) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”