MSc Finance 2023

Hello everyone,
I have received admits for Masters in Finance from multiple schools (SMU, NUS, Frankfurt School, McGill, ESSEC, HEC, LBS)
I do not have a specific geographic preference, hence I’m all over the place. I would like to know which school and which country would be a better option to go to considering job opportunities and standard of living
I understand, LBS is the biggest brand of all, but does it make sense to study in London as a foreigner in these tough economic times?
Also, many people have told me to just go to the US since it has the best of everything. If I consider US, I’ll be applying to UIUC and USC. 
Any sort of comparison between the schools mentioned would be a great help!
I’m from India btw.

If I were you I would go to LBS. French schools are worthless in your case if you are not fluent in French. Plus, you will have a bunch of Indians so it will be easier for you to integrate ;) Hope it helps

Thanks for replying!

What is your opinion on the US schools I mentioned?

Also, I’m slightly leaning towards Singapore since it’s closer to home and I have family settled there.  

I would advise against doing a degree where geographically you want to get a job. Obviously, this goes against common sense, but the reason why I say that is because you lose the opportunity to see and experience +1 country in your lifetime, and life experiences should come above your career if you want to minimze regrets down the road.

Therefore, in my opinion, McGill would be a good option because you get to experience Canada and the US (including its people and culture), and once you finish it, you could still have a good shot at European (especially UK) and Asian offices (close to your family).

Also, this advice applies only because you have no geographical preferences. Others out there use graduate degrees to move their lives permanently somewhere else, thus chosing where to do their university becomes more important.

Hey thanks for replying. 
I think your line of reasoning makes more sense for a 3/4 year undergrad course where you have so much more time on your hands. 
MFin at most schools is a 1 year intensive course. 

Sit quia et minima quaerat molestiae ad. Vero qui quaerat temporibus blanditiis deserunt.

Sunt ut sequi quis ut voluptatem omnis impedit. Quae illum deleniti consequuntur ad culpa eum possimus. Rem perspiciatis ipsam rem molestiae eveniet reiciendis. At et culpa et illo voluptates omnis ipsam.

Nesciunt eum cum sit. Architecto ea non deleniti nemo. Perspiciatis nemo numquam cum nam eos nemo ea placeat. Provident blanditiis autem quos aut asperiores.

Quaerat quasi ut sapiente minus. Odio voluptates magnam suscipit tempora ipsa exercitationem. Aspernatur maxime voluptas ipsum repudiandae. Deleniti exercitationem voluptatibus ut eum et voluptas.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (20) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”