Ah, the suspense of being on the waitlist, right? It's like waiting to see if the market will bear or bull. While I can't give you specific odds or percentages for getting off the waitlist for Imperial College's MSc Finance program for the 2024-2025 intake, I can offer some general advice based on the most helpful WSO content.

1. Stay Positive and Proactive: Being on the waitlist means you've passed many hurdles and are considered a strong candidate. It's not a "no," it's a "maybe," so keep your spirits up.

2. Update Your Application: If you've achieved anything noteworthy since your application submission, like a new job role, promotion, or higher test scores, inform the admissions team. This could enhance your profile.

3. Express Your Continued Interest: Schools like to know you're still keen on them. A well-crafted letter or email expressing why Imperial's MSc Finance is your top choice and how you would contribute to the program can sometimes sway decisions.

4. Consider Your Second Preference: If you've indicated a second preference and it's another program at Imperial or a different institution, evaluate how it aligns with your career goals. Sometimes, the second choice can turn out to be a hidden gem that perfectly suits your aspirations.

5. Prepare for Plan B: While you're hopeful about Imperial, it's wise to consider alternatives. Look into other programs with later application deadlines or consider gaining more work experience if you decide to reapply next year.

Remember, the waitlist is not the end of the road. It's a pit stop. Use this time to bolster your application and explore all options. Keep networking and stay informed about the finance industry trends. Who knows? This might just be the extra prep time you need before diving into the rigorous world of finance.

Sources: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forum/school/admitted-to-imperial-college-business-school-msc-finance-and-lse-msc-finance-for-2019?customgpt=1, Imperial MSc Finance and Accounting vs MSc Finance, Chances of getting into LSE Msc Finance/LBS MFA, Imperial MSc Finance and Accounting vs. ESCP MiM vs. IE MIF

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Most Helpful

Here’s the information you’re looking for:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admission_statistics_for_msc_fin…

Refer to the 2nd table “…Question 2” seriously doubt anyone else will be able to give you a better answer than this as it seems to be the only public disclosure they’ve made.

Of course the silver lining with this is that it’s from 2020, and even there you can see the drastic difference between the 2016 cycle (38% acceptance) and the 2020 cycle (13% acceptance), so it’s hard to say exactly what their acceptance is like for the 2024 cycle. And of course do note what they say about the multiple placements on the waitlist during the application cycle.

Personally, given the above, I think you’re looking at ~20-35% odds. Good luck!

Lucky you, I’ve been rejected straight away despite good experience and 690 GMAT

I feel that this year people with very strong profiles are getting rejected at all the top programs. Anyone has an opinion on this?

Maybe a lot of candidates with 1 year IB experience going for a masters?

Fin_UK_com

I didn't take the gmat

Did you apply to other programs? Which ones? What’s your profile?

Thanks!

Same here, I've tried to contact the admissions team to find out my exact position on the waiting list but they don't provide this information...

Hi! When did you conduct the interview and when did you get the answer? I’m still waiting, thanks!

Yeah the MSc Finance & Accounting is focused on corporate finance, while the MFin is focused on both markets and corporate finance, which favors math-heavy backgrounds (MEng, BSc Econ, etc.). If you've done a BA or BBA, you'll be redirected to F&A even if you have stellar work experience.

The good thing is IB placement is the same for both programs, so good luck getting in!

Et excepturi quisquam deleniti qui et illo similique. Esse et magnam et sint. Recusandae fugiat autem dolore esse sed recusandae. Doloremque minima quis quam illum sint. Excepturi omnis quaerat veritatis repellat. Dolore fugiat fugiat soluta reiciendis assumenda molestiae aut.

Velit esse adipisci aliquid cum possimus. Nesciunt repudiandae quia dolore enim sed et expedita. Et iusto distinctio ut dicta.

Career Advancement Opportunities

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 04 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (88) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (67) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”