Career choice help - Google/Thomson ReutersCO
I am looking for advice from people acquainted with Google or Thomson Reuters.
I am a looking to start my first full time position (entry level) living in London. Two choices:
1) Thomson Reuters - Business Graduate Program (Canary Wharf)
two years 3 rotations - 3 functions, 3 geographies
basically learning about financial services products (Eikon) and dealing clients, accounts, product management, marketing
bit of customer service
2) Google - SMB Business Services Associate (Dublin)
Handling AdWords campaign in Hungary (in Hungarian)
on the phone, customer service associate for SMBs in Central Europe
not much known about length of role and advancement options
1) how strong are these Graduate Programs/Schemes in many MNCs in UK/US? Some say training and advancement outlook is crucial in career development. Coming out of these programs exit options are also good because they are respected.
2) i am not the biggest fan of finance (although trade stocks on my own) and also not a big tech geek (although do some html, domain parking).
is Google a bigger name?
what career options would one have in the future after working at Thomson Reuters? Esp. China and US markets?
3) how is starting in financial services in the current EU situation? its def looking like a tough situation, next year euro may not exist. Also Bloomberg just stole market share in FS sector.
Thanks for any input