Thank you WSO. I wish I could put it in more words, after months and 70+ applications, cold emails, cold calls, I finally landed an interview with a boutique bank in NYC and they offered me a long term intern analyst position (~6 months) which I believe could materialize into a FT gig.
- non-target state school okay GPA (3.6)
- non-Finance background
- graduated about a year ago (been working in an unrelated field since)
- no contacts in the finance industry prior to a few months ago
I bought the networking, fit interview, and tech interview guides and used them to a T (highly suggested)
I was fortunate to network--->cold email---->phone info session my way into an interview.
Like someone said in another thread, "i've never been so excited to work 80 hours a week"
Thanks WSO. As I celebrate tonight among my friends, I will toast to you (and my friends will have no idea what the f*ck i'm talking about).
I could have never asked for a better way to start the new year
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- How to land that consulting interview for someone who graduated from a non-target, non-finance background
- Complete non-target to Buyside Research Associate- Thanks!
- Another non-target (long) success story
- Non-finance major from a non-target is there any chance?
- Non-Target to Non-Finance Job to Back Office to IBD training to...?
- AEM Non-Finance vs Econ and Math at Non-Target?
- Non-target to BB M&A- Thank you!
- Non-Target with <3.0 GPA Lands MM Summer Analyst