Hello, I am considering applying for this opportunity. I am currently working in a financial reporting capacity for the investment management division of a F500 company. I have been accepted to Kellogg and Fuqua's MBA programs for 2013, but why spend 100k if I don't need to?
Can anyone tell me about this position? How is the culture ofin SLC? Is this considered middle office? Do you think there would be future opportunity to make it to the ? Anyone know about compensation? Thanks.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
AIMS Risk Management and Analytics
Asset Management ( ) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
AIMS: Alternative Investments & Manager Selection
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 250 professionals across 10 offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on ’ market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $100 bn of alternative investments and traditional long-only managers through the AIMS Hedge Fund Strategies, AIMS Private Equity Group, AIMS Real Estate Investment Group, and AIMS Global Manager Strategies programs.
• Produce analyses on portfolio related to performance, exposure and concentrations, diversification, etc.
• Participate in capital management of funds through involvement in LP capital call and distribution process, determination of investment allocations, credit facility management, and cash forecasting
• Conduct operational due diligence on managers
• Facilitate closings of investment transactions and onboard new investments onto PEG platform and systems
• Respond to requests from senior management and clients relating to funds and portfolio
•3-5+ years of applicable experience
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM)
- GSAM Fixed Income Product Management
- GSAM- Offer or No Offer: Please Help
- GSAM Fundamental Equity group
- Difference between GSAM and PWM at Goldman Sachs
- Goldman Sachs- GSAM- Operations
- New Analyst Program- Investment Management Division (IMD)- Goldman Sachs EMEA
- Goldman AM Controller Vs. E&Y Capital Markets Advisory