GSB/HBS Deferred 2+2 Chances? (Low GPA, 760 GMAT, Top IBD, Startup Founder with $MM Exit)

Background:

• Asian male, US citizen
  • Current senior at T15 undergraduate Business School
  • GMAT: 760
  • GPA: 3.62/4.0 (GPA excluding freshman year: 3.95/4.0)

Work Experience:

EC’s

• Founder and Chairman of an Entrepreneurship committee that centralized all of the entrepreneurship organizations on campus under one centralized platform
  • President of Entrepreneurship Club
  • Vice President of a different Entrepreneurship club
  • Co-Founder and President of a Chapter of a non-profit focusing on curating the next leaders of finance at different Universities across the US
  • President of Club that provides mentorship and lessons in financial literacy and personal finance to underprivileged high school kids
  • Previously founded Non-profit Foundation (501c3) helping over 500+ homeless people

Why I want a Deferred MBA

• I want to pursue entrepreneurship specifically within Tech and having a deferred admission would allow me to take more risk and after my analyst stint in IB I could potentially join a either early stage (Series A) or later stage startup in a operation/strategy role to further my understanding for operations and have industry expertise to hopefully start something during my MBA with the resources they can provide and the network.

Do I have a chance at GSB/HBS even with the low GPA? Any advice as I prepare my applications?

Not a humble-brag type post.

From my understanding, deferred programs like to focus on STEM students and not business majors especially going into Finance/Consulting. Thus, I wanted to see if I had a competitive profile among the high GPA IB/Consulting pool coming from HYP etc.

Hey man -- you've to work on keeping anonymity with these "chance me" posts (we've talked about this before lol). Also, most of the people who respond to these sorts of posts (both here and on Reddit) don't know that much about deferred admissions in particular (for completely fair reasons, since it's such a niche process). You've posted multiple times about this and it's frankly not necessary, unless affirmation is what you're looking for.

Veniam et cumque assumenda praesentium odio. In quo inventore aut et. Est eum dolorum id excepturi repellat repellendus quasi. Eos velit velit est illo.

Total Avg Compensation

May 2024 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (21) $373
  • Associates (91) $259
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (68) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101

Leaderboard

redever's picture