Internship advice: Accept Big 4 Advisory, or wait for IB?
I'm going to try to keep this as consise as possible, for the benefit of everyone reading.
I'm a Junior at a Ivy target, studying business. I have a 3.53/4.0 GPA, but not a lot of extracurricular activities, outside of TA'ing two classes (one being financial accounting). I have work experience interning at a financial services IT/ops consulting company last summer, and have a couple of interesting entrepreneurial activities on my resume (substantial, not a lemonade stand).
I have received an offer from E&Y for financial services advisory (BAP program) for the summer. My ultimate goal post-graduation is strategy consulting or IB. S&T sounds interesting, but doesn't appeal to me as much as the other two.
The E&Y offer needs be accepted/rejected by December 3rd. As everyone knows, banks won't interview until late-January. So I need to decide if I want to risk it and decline EY, or play the safe route. I know there isn't a right/wrong answer to this.
So my question is more about how much my "connections" can help me with IB internship recruiting. I have a associate, recently promoted to the next job level (MD?) at a BB who is a close family friend and has been very active in getting me an interview. I have applied via career services and the company website, and he has forwarded my resume along.
I also have a family friend who is a Director at another BB, which does not recruit on my campus. He works in PWM, and one of his clients is a close family member. He has also expressed his dedication in getting me at least an interview. I'm assuming a Director has some significant pull when it comes to this. Correct?
Just looking for any guidance on if I should reject my offer and play my cards, or play it safe.