Moderator Note (Andy): Best of WSO - this post originally went up 3/31/2009 and we thought it deserved to go back on the homepage for those who may have never seen it.
How about a thread where we post some of the worst mistakes we've made in interviews, or perhaps an interview that just went REALLY badly for you.
For a Goldman internship back in college, the interviewers asked me to tell them about myself. This was one of my first interviews so I was very inexperienced, and I was pretty nervous. I didn't know where to begin, so I panicked and ended up giving them my life story, from where I was born all the way to college. The rest of the interview was very harsh and they really grilled me on every single thing on my resume. It was more like an interrogation than an interview. It was a typical stress interview, and I ended up finishing it with a headache, and clothes drenched with sweat. I didn't get called back.
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- I made a bad networking mistake--damage control
- Whats a good failure to use when asked in a job interview?
- Phone Interview ~ complete success or utter failure?
- Interview ~ was it a complete success or utter failure?
- Non-obvious interviewing mistakes
- Mistake in CV and have interviews: What should I do?
- Using thank you note to 'fix' interview mistake?
- Received an interview invitation, after responding to the email I was told it was a mistake...