Sales/Trading vs Asset Management?O
Hi All, i'm an ignorant MBA with no finance experience, looking to make the switch though. The deadlines for summer internships are approaching fast, and I was wondering if I could get some insights on the comparison between asset management/PWM VS sales/trading, if I could apply for ONLY ONE. I am in particular interested in teh following questions:
1) Which one is doing better in this market (or rather, not doing as bad) in terms of jobs available?
2) If I'm looking in Asia (ie Hong Kong, etc), which one would have more potential?
3) Which one is less technical as far as interviews? I have no finance background, and simply want to get in.
4) What are the exit opps, if any, for either one?
5) What requirements are they looking for at the MBA associate level? Is career switcher ok?
6) To further dig deeper, can someone offer insights on PWM vs , as well as Sales vs Trading? I supposed PWM is easier than Asset Manangement, and Sales is easier than Trading right? I am not talking about difficulty of the job itself, but rather just getting the job and passing the interview without a strong finance background.
7) Which one cares less about GPA??
Thanks, much appreciated!