College students: what is your main focus this summer?
N/A - I'm not a college student
19% (106 votes)
24% (132 votes)
Other Finance-related internship or job (paid)
15% (81 votes)
Other Finance-related internship (unpaid)
9% (47 votes)
Working (non finance related)
9% (49 votes)
Full-time at school
6% (31 votes)
3% (14 votes)
Beach / parties / having a goood time
12% (67 votes)
3% (17 votes)
Total votes: 544
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- When I joined the industry, fresh analysts like myself would flit through the morning newspaper like a drowning man who clutches one spar after another for support. Our attempts to stay abreast were as haphazard as that man’s attempts to stay afloat. On page 1, we would read an article...
- Mod Note (Andy), <em>throwback thursday, this was originally posted on 6/25/13. The very talented author of this post, moneymogul, is also the author of our updated <strong><a...
- So, apparently I haven't been on this site in while, and it'd be a shame to make a return to just complain, but I've emptied the beers from the minibar and it's still way too early to sleep, my body now evading anything approaching a circadian rhythm. Instead of sleeping,...
- I was wondering if anyone knows when the New York FT start dates are for different banks. Bulges: <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/company/goldman-sachs">GS</a></span>: July 13th <span...
- I have been an avid reader of WSO for the past couple of years and the stories that I have enjoyed reading the most are about non-target kids breaking into Wall Street. I always looked at them with admiration and dissected every article to gain the most valuable information possible to use in my...
- For decades, analysts and investor have bought into the idea of a small cap premium, i.e., that stocks with low market capitalizations can be expected to earn higher returns than stocks with higher market capitalizations. For investors, this has led to the pursuit of small cap stocks and funds...
- After reading the forums and taking the advice of contributors for several years I have decided that it is now time for me to give back to the WSO community. I am matriculating at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business this fall as a full-time MBA student with the intentions of...
- What often classifies as an "oddball stock" is simply a company that not many investors have an interest in truly investigating. Typically these are stocks that are too small for most investors or companies where information is hard to obtain. Another situation where stocks could be...
- <strong><span class='keyword_link'><a href="https://gv142.isrefer.com/go/wso35/wsoasis/">Financial modeling</a></span></strong> is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of <span...
- <strong>Project description: Finance / Wall Street / Business Blogger</strong> We are looking for several talented writers (professionals in the finance industry preferred) to blog for WallStreetOasis. There is a list of suggested topics you can choose from but if there is an area...
- Forensic Accounting A financial statement presents only a snapshot of a company's monetary position, subject to misrepresentation and pseudo-disclosure. Breen & Associates' forensic analysis...
- XL Axiata Axis Capital Group is proud of the fast growth of technology and patronization of the use of mobile phones especially in Indonesia’s capital, Jakarta, Indonesia. However though, we are also...
- So, I'm interviewing for a 10-15 man growth fund that will write about $20MM checks as the maximum. I will have to do a modeling exam, and was wondering what can be on it. I will only have 1 hour to...
- Hi all, I'm currently doing an internship at a small PE firm till July and currently looking at these possible opportunities for the second half of the year (5-7 months) Which of the summer...
- Stock Market Analysis Following a positive prior week, stocks had a “sinking spell” last week when the Dow declined 1.8%. This brings its year to date return to a miniscule 0.02%. The broader S&...
- I am looking for different perspectives. FICC Structuring G10 FX Options Trading Emerging Markets Equity Trading Thanks!
- Balmoral International Group has featured Luxembourg as one of the smallest country in Europe. It is therefore not a surprise that the Grand Duchy has a little or a few places to visit with a culture...
- Timely and accurate financial information is essential for all business managers to make informed, timely decisions. We can provide bookkeeping and accounting processing services to facilitate the...
- Europe is best known for its major tourist destination: London or Paris. These cities have achieved their status for a reason, they are abounding in things to see and do. However though, Balmoral...
- Hey WSO, I committed to Cal Poly and want to work in either FO BB S&T or some West Coast VC tech firm. Should I study engineering or business? Naturally one would think Business is the way to go...
- Theory always seems to be easy compared to practice. The simple formula of Net Debt = Long/short term interest-bearing debt - (Cash&CE + Short term financial investments) never seems to turn...
- I've just started researching MBA programs and will really appreciate any feedback about my profile. I served in the military for a couple of years before being recruited to a varsity team in a Big...
- Hi everyone, Thought I'd start a thread for 2015 McKinsey insight and BCG bridge2BCG status updates for advanced degree candidates. From the past years's posts, I expect McKinsey and BCG to be...
- I am currently a high school senior from TX and I was hoping to get some input on my options for next year. The only schools I was admitted to were Fordham's Gabelli School of Business (RH) and...
- I'm a junior with no summer internship at a non-target. It it possible to get something out of networking or should I just wait and see who comes by our school for on-campus recruitment?
What's your favorite possession?
TV / Entertainment system
Clothing & accessories
Laptop / tablet
Xbox One / PS4 etc
Stereo / audio equipment
Nothing, I'm a broke student
Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 418