College students: what is your main focus this summer?
N/A - I'm not a college student
19% (106 votes)
24% (133 votes)
Other Finance-related internship or job (paid)
15% (81 votes)
Other Finance-related internship (unpaid)
9% (47 votes)
Working (non finance related)
9% (49 votes)
Full-time at school
6% (31 votes)
3% (14 votes)
Beach / parties / having a goood time
12% (67 votes)
3% (17 votes)
Total votes: 545
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Throwback Thursday - This was a originally posted June 2012</em> So the <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/searching-for-a-summer-internship">interns</a></span> are out in full...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Check out wilowallstreet's AMA <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ask-an-ex-ib-md-anything">here</a>. The AMA is still live and he is actively answering any questions that you may have.</em> I learnt a lot about failure...
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- You can ask me anything. I know there are probably a lot of questions you wish you could ask your boss, but can't. I was at <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-the-bulge-bracket-BB">bulge...
- Confidence matters. Often it matters more than whether or not you’re actually qualified. Hewlett Packard discovered this years ago… They were researching the discrepancy between men and women in upper management. Sexism was certainly a potential factor. But they found another factor...
- In the forums I see a lot of questions and comments contrasting banking and the buy-side. It seems many of you are thinking about all the right topics, and I want to share with you some of my insights from my own career at Goldman and Carlyle as well as from working with clients on both...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- WSO is excited to have the experts from Accepted.com on board to answer applicant questions in the business school forum. Here is a message from Natalie who will be checking this thread every few days to make sure she is staying on top of questions: I'm here to answer any questions you...
- So, I know this doesn't go in here, but I know the Other Road won't get any views on this or very many, and its not exactly Sales and Trading. I've been working in a sales development role at a hot startup in the SaaS sphere. We are innovating and disrupting in our field, and...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- It's quite expensive $200 + you have to wait 18 months to get it. What could it possibly have that justifies the cost and the wait? Thoughts? www.firmsconsulting dot com/books/partnership/
- Can anyone provide me with information on the total number of credit and multi-strat hedge funds in the US? Further detail into the credit strategy would be very helpful. I need this for a...
- So you want to work or intern in China? The sharks are waiting for your inquiry so go ahead and call or send your email. Within hours you will be contacted and told everything you want to hear -...
- The Hunger Games movies, now wrapping up with the fourth installment, Mockingjay - Part 2, split the difference. In the series' opening film, 2012's The Hunger Games, director Gary Ross loyally...
- So I am from a very non-targeted Southern school. I grew up in a small South Carolina town and I am the first in my family to get a degree from an accredited school. I didn't come from much money (my...
- Hi guys I've been shadowing WSO for a long time and this is my first post. Really amazed with the insights available on this forum. I'm a junior based in APAC who just got notification of advancement...
- Does anyone know anything about this office? Is it a generalist program between Financial Sponsors and Gaming & Lodging? I've heard it is separate but on linkedin there are a lot of former...
- Hello everyone, I am extremely confused as to what I want to do with my life and a crucial decision has to be made in the next month which will basically alter the rest of my life. I am just looking...
- Hey guys, currently a freshman at a decent university in Canada with plans to transfer to a target for junior year. Other than keeping a high GPA, what are the best things to do to get the most out...
- Hey Guys, First time posting on this site, here it goes. I'm 21 years old. I have developed a passion for finance over the past two years and am seriously considering pursuing a MSF. I was wondering...
- Hey guys, wanted to get your opinion on typical REPE fund structures you have seen. Say you are a private equity fund like Greystar, you raise a multifamily fund where you have LP investors including...
- I think this would be very helpful for MBA candidates. I'll shoot first . Was in Chicago visiting Kellogg and Booth, met a handful of current students (& alum) and learned something I found...
- Ready to tackle the toughest private equity interview questions? Recruiting season is right around the corner and just in time we've released version 2.0 of our popular PE interview Prep Pack. This...
- So recently I've been looking into AM, but the resources on it are few and far between. I was wondering if anybody could give me a primer of what AM is like at a BB? What's your day like? Hours? Pay...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 1166