College students: what is your main focus this summer?
N/A - I'm not a college student
19% (106 votes)
24% (132 votes)
Other Finance-related internship or job (paid)
15% (81 votes)
Other Finance-related internship (unpaid)
9% (47 votes)
Working (non finance related)
9% (49 votes)
Full-time at school
6% (31 votes)
3% (14 votes)
Beach / parties / having a goood time
12% (67 votes)
3% (17 votes)
Total votes: 544
Don't Miss This Awesome Related WSO Content
- Students: how are your job/intern prospects for this summer?
- College kids with no internships this summer, what are you doing this summer?
- What's your #1 priority this summer?
- Sophomore college kid, which option should I take this summer?
- I have an internship this summer as a rising sophomore, what to do next summer?
- Resume tips for College students:
- so what the hell did you do your sophomore summer?
- People w/ jobs and w/ jobs lined up- What did you do your freshman summer?
- <em>Mod note (Andy): Throwback Thursday, this post originally went up on 3/2/12.</em> In the past few months, I've been approached on a few occasions by college-aged folks asking the typical question: how to succeed on the street from a less-than-stellar undergrad background....
- Long time lurker, but first time poster here looking for advice. So anyways, I graduated from a non-target, but very well respected school last year with a finance degree. Despite having a 3.87, two boutique PE <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- This is the next book review in a series of installments that will be coming from <a href="http://www.deconstructingexcellence.com/">DeconstructingExcellence.com</a>. See my other book summaries on WSO <a...
- Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to share my background and answer questions for those interested. Background: 7 years of investment research experience prior to b-school, mostly in equities (some credit) with half of that on the buyside at a hedge fund; sectors...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap</em> Some context is needed. Yes, I...
- Ouch.... Will this happen at any other banks or just RBS? Anyone personally affected by this? Is RBS a sinking ship? From NYT Dealbook: [quote]“Hearing from incoming summer analysts (now soon to be full-time hires) that their offers were rescinded and they were all given a 10k...
- Hi, I finally got the book: Distressed Debt Analysis: Strategies for Speculative Investors PM me if you need it! Please let me know if you also have any interesting books, sharing is caring! :) Best, K
- That was, in my opinion, the GOAT time period for music: - Incubus - Staind - Vertical Horizon - Linkin Park - Puddle of Mudd - Nirvana - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Lenny Kravitz Etc. Every time I just lay back and listen to any of the above I have an eargasm. Post your favorite...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- <em>Mod note: Best of Eddie, this was originally posted on 2/11/14.</em> God, I love the free market. This is absolutely hilarious. Call me old fashioned, but I look back with fondness on the days when a guy could walk into just about any strip club and witness the cold war...
- The phrase ‘bubble’ is thrown around very liberally these days. We had the ‘dot-com bubble’ almost two decades ago, the ‘housing bubble’ almost a decade ago, and depending on who you ask—we are in a...
- When I graduated from college in 2007, I moved to Beijing hoping to find exciting opportunities within emerging markets. In my off-hand discussions with American expatriates, family friends, and my...
- So there is hierarchy in finance. Revenue-generating guys are "more important" than guys in IT and the incentive is structured accordingly. Recently there was an incident where a graduate who was...
- I am a freshman in College at Mays Business School, looking to transfer out to a target school Junior year, I am looking to improve my resume for when I am applying for internships & programs in...
- - Interviewed for a credit analyst position on March 19th. - Emailed recruiter on March 24th to find out when I could expect a decision. - Recruiter responds (March 24th) with: "Hello XXXXX, Thank...
- Hello! I am looking for a critique on my resume, which I have been using to apply for internships, and opportunites within Mays business school. I am looking to transfer out of here by junior year to...
- Hi there, does anyone know where I could obtain the excel templates (blank and completed) which accompanied the 'Investment Banking - Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts and Mergers & Acquisitions'...
- Hi all, Need to choose which desk to sit with: EM rates trading, EM flow credit or EM Distressed loan trading. Have more of a bias towards macro - but believe the EM credit guys trade more of a Sov...
- I will be starting my MBA program this upcoming fall and thought it might be a decent idea to set up a running blog topic to provide some insights as I go through the program for those interested in...
- I will be attending an M7 program this fall and will want to work in Hong Kong post-mba. It seems like most of the lucrative jobs (or total jobs) in Hong Kong are in Finance. I have two major...
- I was accepted to a couple undergraduate schools. I'd like to break into the industry, especially in Sales & Trading. I'm planning on majoring in Econ and either doubling or minoring in Computer...
- Sorry had to post this, but would like to hear some criticism of the article.. From the ever-reliable Forbes: The profession’s recent indignities aren’t just a post-recession hangover. Quote:...
- Iceland's government said Tuesday it would consider a revolutionary monetary proposal removing the power of commercial banks to create money and handing it to the central bank. The proposal, which...
- Does anyone have any insight on the Houston UBS group? Deal flow/types of deals, exits, outlook, culture? Thanks in advance for any information provided.
- Hello, I have not interviewed for the last five years, have been working for a small fund right out of bschool. Have secured an interview with a large value shop, will be having three interviews, one...
What's your favorite possession?
TV / Entertainment system
Clothing & accessories
Laptop / tablet
Xbox One / PS4 etc
Stereo / audio equipment
Nothing, I'm a broke student
Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 71