How is SA recruiting going for you?
N/A not looking for a summer internship
15% (75 votes)
Great, got the exact offer I wanted
21% (104 votes)
Accepted an offer, but wasn't my first choice
13% (63 votes)
Still deciding between offers
2% (12 votes)
Still in the application/interview process, prospects look good
11% (53 votes)
Still in the application/interview process, prospects look bad
28% (138 votes)
Nothing, when does SA recruiting start?
9% (42 votes)
Total votes: 487
These 6 FREE Financial Modeling Lessons
Can Help You Land Your $100k+ Dream Job
- Our Fun Excel Training and Challenge Contest
- DCF Modeling, Tons of Free Templates & Video Tutorials
- Valuation Lesson on Trading Comps
- Cash Flow Modeling and more!
- <strong>Big Announcement: WSO Resume Template is Out in the Wild!</strong>: <em>Mod Note (Andy): If you're looking for our resume for experienced IB professionals or a <a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy) - Throwback Thursday - this was originally posted 2/28/12</em> Tried the search function, but couldn't find anything. I am a senior at a non-target. I wasn't able to get into banking. So I am considering alternatives to make some cash (high...
- I wrote this because while <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ocr-the-saga-continues-alternate-title-i-now-have-cancer-of-the-nose">the other OCR thread</a> was hilarious (and accurate), I wanted to reach out to those who may still be struggling even though they...
- Given that we have built up relationships with hundreds of companies and finance recruiters, we thought instead of just a simple job board (which you can find <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-jobs">right here</a>), we would also create a WSO Applicant...
- My content intern @Lucas_M" is at it again! This time the top ranked (by silver bananas) posts related to networking, cold calling, and cold emailing. Enjoy! p.s. Need more networking advice? Check out our <a...
- In the old days many people perceived joining Wall Street was a golden ticket. They figured if you put your head down and work hard your career can be whatever you want it to be. Some thought they would make their money and be done in their thirties or forties. Others imagined they would keep...
- Thanks to my content intern @Lucas_m" for another great compilation post. This one covers on campus recruiting, interviews, and converting SA <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Good news - you passed the 1st test - your resume has been accepted and they want a 1st round interview with you. A 1st round interview is just another screening tool to narrow the resume file further. Make sure you treat it as such. Having conducted 250-300 1st round interviews in my sixteen...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): Best of Eddie, this was originally posted in January 2011.</em> With Valentine's Day two short weeks away, some of your girlfriends are no doubt ratcheting up the pressure on you to pop the question on the most romantic day of the year. Maybe you...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): the link for the free WSO <span class='keyword_link'><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/finance-dictionary/what-is-investment-banking-division-IBD">IBD</a></span> resume template is <a...
- I'm looking at offers from a top bank (GS/MS/JP) in IBD or a second tier consulting firm (Deloitte/Strategy&/Oliver Wyman/Parthenon) for full time. I am interested in eventually going into the...
- So for background information: I am a recent grad from a nontarget (hence the name) with a 3.5 GPA. I started working at a top regional bank in their Funds Services Group. I am really enjoying the...
- WOW. If you asked me at the beginning of the season if the Cubs would be here, I would have said no. Long way to go! Feels GREAT to be excited again about Cubs October Baseball. Regardless of the...
- I have been in BB ER for 1 year, at a Tier 1 financial center (London, New York ). Right now I am thinking of moving closer to home in the MENA region. I was wondering how people move to different...
- Hi Guys! Recently received an offer from a BB S&T. I was really excited. But as time goes by, I think I am more interested in IBD, but they say it's too late now for me to switch. They said I...
- Thoughts? "Dear Colleagues: Today we announced to the market some new important financial information.The news is not good, and I expect a number of you will be very disappointed by it. We expect to...
- I recently got offered an interview with GS in their liquidity risk management group. I've looked around and haven't found much info on it. Can anyone fill my in on what my exit ops would be?...
- Hey y'all, currently just started recruiting for post-MBA IB role at an M7 school. Every bank comes and talks about the good groups and excellent deal flow it has. Since you guys might be able to...
- What options would you recommend for a 2nd year corporate finance analyst seeking additional education but who plans to hit MBA school in 3-5 years? The long horizon for MBA is since I'm looking...
- Hey guys, I've been chosen to attend a major firm's diversity day next week and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips regarding the session. Is it a good place/event to help position someone to...
- Hi, I'm a junior at a target school (not sure if relevant, but whatever) hoping to apply to either the Morgan Stanley's Firm Strategy and Execution (FSE) group or traditional IBD program for my...
- Title says it all, both of these are NESCAC's. At this point, does it really matter? I feel like I could get interviews with either school.
- Hi All, I am a 2015 college grad who received an offer from UBS Wealth Management. I don't have any credit cards, but ran my credit report after receiving the offer and noticed about $200 in unpaid...
- I've learned a great deal from these boards over the years, and in an attempt to give back I'd like to share a bit about my path in the event anyone is interested. As a bit of background prior to...
- I had a first round at McKinsey last Friday (fulltime BA position, west coast office), haven't heard about acceptance/rejection for second rounds yet. Anyone here with personal experience on how...
Long term, which career path interests you the most?
Corporate Finance / Strategy / Development
Investment Advisor / PWM
Sales & Trading
Other Finance Role (academia, non-profit, government, legal, etc)
Other - Non Finance
Total votes: 532