How is SA recruiting going for you?
N/A not looking for a summer internship
15% (75 votes)
Great, got the exact offer I wanted
21% (103 votes)
Accepted an offer, but wasn't my first choice
13% (62 votes)
Still deciding between offers
2% (12 votes)
Still in the application/interview process, prospects look good
11% (53 votes)
Still in the application/interview process, prospects look bad
28% (138 votes)
Nothing, when does SA recruiting start?
9% (42 votes)
Total votes: 485
- <em>Mod note (Andy): Throwback Thursday, this post originally went up on 3/2/12.</em> In the past few months, I've been approached on a few occasions by college-aged folks asking the typical question: how to succeed on the street from a less-than-stellar undergrad background....
- See inside the post... <!--break--> <a href="http://imgur.com/nS5e8HZ .jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://imgur.com/nS5e8HZ.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo"></a>
- I figured I'd make this post mostly because it's a topic I enjoy water cooler or barroom talk about, and since people have some strong opinions about this it might lead to something interesting. Besides which a lot of the folks on here who are even younger than I am(or have less...
- I posted this in a reply to an earlier thread but thought it may be helpful as it's own topic. I have recently made this jump so maybe this can help. Sorry for the long post but it's all relevant to how I made it to <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- Mod Note (Andy): <em>This comment by @Northsider was posted in direct response to @Candor's post <a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/my-private-equity-recruiting-process">"My Private Equity Recruiting Process"</a></em> Having been...
- This is the next book review in a series of installments that will be coming from <a href="http://www.deconstructingexcellence.com/">DeconstructingExcellence.com</a>. See my other book summaries on WSO <a...
- Long time lurker, but first time poster here looking for advice. So anyways, I graduated from a non-target, but very well respected school last year with a finance degree. Despite having a 3.87, two boutique PE <span class='keyword_link'><a...
- <em>Mod Note (Andy): WSO readers qualify for a $100 discount to Jared's Daily Dirtnap daily market newsletter...just email [email protected] and mention "WSO Monkey Discount" You can follow Jared on twitter at @dailydirtnap</em> Some context is needed. Yes, I...
- Hi all, I'm about done wrapping up my busy season and as such, I'm open to answering any questions people may have about working in Big 4 audit as a first year. I know some senior associates have done an AMA, but I haven't seen one for first years, so if anyone wants to learn...
- Dear WSO Community, I'm pleased to announce the release of the <strong><a href="http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/wso-annual-compensation-reports">2014 WSO Compensation Report</a></strong>! We had another great year with even MORE entries than last year...
- Fellow Monkeyss, help me to calculate the following issue: I want to build a monthly cash flow, where I start borrowing 2MM with a average colletion period of 45 days, with a 3% monthly yield. How...
- Do you think you're at this time into the marketplace for a fertility clinic? If so, try not to select one unless you read this. To find the very best available fertility clinic, you ought to look...
- Are you interested in real money slots online? You have got probably come at the right spot! Today, people can play gambling games without touring to Vegas or favored casinos around the globe by...
- Hello, I am taking the Series 86 soon, does anybody have any advice? I've already passed the 7, 66 and 87 so this would be the last one. I'm scoring mid 80's on the practice exams and made sure I've...
- This is my first post on WSO and I'd be grateful for any advice please. I am a UK citizen with offers from Bristol university Politics & Economics and McGill university Arts (BA). Although...
- For anyone which includes ever wondered if someone is cheating on them, today I'll reveal a way that you can quickly know if someone is being disloyal. With this "trick" you can learn if there's...
- I have made over 50 cold call and email and now we are approaching April. Should I continue on? I feel like at this point, there isnt much I can do to secure a summer placement.
- Has anyone heard of them? Know anything about rep, comp, the usual questions about a firm? Looks like a Texas-only firm with the main office in Houston.
- I will graduate from my masters degree next summer. Will I be eligible to do an internship next summer or not? I am in the UK by the way
- Any 2015 FT incoming analysts looking for a roommate in SF?
- I am currently working with a role where I do a specific type of modeling, so I am a bit less knowledgable about the details of modeling at most bulge brackets for industry coverage groups. If you...
- ''The stock market is rigged. When I started making that claim years ago — and provided solid evidence — people scoffed. Some called it a conspiracy theory, tinfoil hats and that sort of stuff. Most...
- Any word on what the Stub was for BB 2014 in S&T for 1st year analysts?
- I have a dilemma as I have an offer from two schools - Wharton and Kellogg. Wharton is offering 20% aid while Kellogg is offering 65% aid. Female currently am in MBB and have assured rehiring so that...
- I've been browsing this site like a mad man for the past two weeks and thought it was about time to formally introduce myself to you all. My name's Ryan O'Malley and this is the very beginning of my...
Men: Besides a watch, which fashion accessory (for work attire) do you most care about?
Shoes (in regards to the appearance aspect, not the functionality)
Tie / tie knot
Socks (w/ colors, patterns etc)
Pocket square / handkerchief
Eyewear (in regards to the appearance aspect, not the functionality)
Briefcase (or equivalent)
Don't care / Other (add to comments)
Total votes: 327